SoftWare Update: v.281

Torqd said:
so no news on the DD problem...

I do have a question on the DD issue...

Did everyones DD work then stop working a few weeks ago... and if so... should I assume that it was a software change that did this...

Sorry to steal a thread...But I have not received an answer on this from several threads and a few IM's I sent out:)

Thanks

My DD is working. I did notice my receiver getting switched to Stereo mode from Standard. I have a Pronto so I am not sure where the root cause is. I have not seen any reports about poeple loosing DD on the last update. Yours is the first I have seen.

Well there is a thread about Receivers that don't work with the 811 and DD. Mine(Onkyo 601) worked fine until a few weeks ago. So I stumbled across this problem and figured that nothing changed on my receiver...so that it was a software problem. But after reading that thread I can't tell if it worked for those people at one point or if it never worked. I am a little lost. All I know is that I have no Audio on any of my HD channels (Dish or OTA) and I had it before. This 811 receiver is really begining to piss me off! So many bugs...

Any help would be appreciated!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Just spoke to one of my contacts from Dish, and here is whats new in 2.81

Beta Rollout of OTA Program Listings (Not all DMA's will have listings yet)

I guess dish just confirmed that they use their customers as unwilling beta testers.

Looked at my 811 this morning and it had the update. The guide for the digital OTA channels looked identical to the same local channels through Dish. However, not every local channel had a guide...my local PBS station did not have a guide for the OTA channel.

Since I'm in the Wash DC area and can get local Baltimore channels from over the air, I could see the Washington OTA channels had the guide while Baltimore did not. This could be either that Baltimore is not one of the lucky DMAs to get this feature or that since I'm not officially in the Baltimore DMA, I would not see the guide for those channels.

San Francisco has the guide data on most channels. It goes out 46 hours and appears to be correct.

Where's Gary!!! :)

Maybe people could let us know which DMA's they're in, when they report if they are (or aren't) getting the OTA guide info. I'm at work, so do not know about mune yet (DFW).
Tom in TX

Sixr said:
Microblocking is most noticeable in dark areas where there should be smooth transitions of shades of dark gray. Instead you see chunks/blocks of gray/black sitting on top of another shade of gray/black.

Is this the rectanglular blocks we've been seeing in transitions and movie end credits on HBO?

Bobby said:
San Francisco has the guide data on most channels. It goes out 46 hours and appears to be correct.

Where's Gary!!! :)

Gary is either stuck infront of the TV crying in joy seeing the guide day or he has thrown a rock into his TV set because he is not in the area. ;) Then again... he is in San Jose I believe so he most likely will have it. Wonder if SoCal gets it too. :D

How about switching from OTA to the guide? Does it still reload the program guide or has that been fixed?

In San Francisco Bay area, KQED (PBS) has one analog channel which is part of E* local package. Also, it has 5 multicast digital OTA channels, not provided by Dish.

My 811 shows the correct guide for those too!

- Is Dish sending this info?
- If yes, I'm impressed.
- If not, it must be PSIP.
- If it is PSIP, what does it mean that some DMAs are not supported yet and some are, the info is not coming from Dish?

-Mark

bkos said:
Since I'm in the Wash DC area and can get local Baltimore channels from over the air, I could see the Washington OTA channels had the guide while Baltimore did not. This could be either that Baltimore is not one of the lucky DMAs to get this feature or that since I'm not officially in the Baltimore DMA, I would not see the guide for those channels.

I would guess the former. I live in DMA limbo, and am able to get OTA guide info for a channel that is not in my DMA (how Hartford/New Haven made it in ahead of Baltimore, I'll never know)

WeeJavaDude said:
Gary is either stuck infront of the TV crying in joy seeing the guide day or he has thrown a rock into his TV set because he is not in the area. ;) Then again... he is in San Jose I believe so he most likely will have it. Wonder if SoCal gets it too. :D

Oh Gary is going to have it, we're in the same DMA, just 100 miles apart. He's at the bottom and I'm a the top, geographically, that is. :)

Tom in TX said:
Maybe people could let us know which DMA's they're in, when they report if they are (or aren't) getting the OTA guide info. I'm at work, so do not know about mune yet (DFW).
Tom in TX

I'm picking up from Dallas, and when I looked this morning I was getting guide listings for:
FOX
ABC
CBS
PBS
WB
UPN

I was not getting guide info for:
NBC

Is each station responsible for transmitting their own guide info, or is it on some other frequency?

Edit: I just saw Scott's response above that Dish is sending the info.

It would be great if the "blank screen" problem would be resolved too. It often happans when I switch from OTA to SAT or SAT to OTA. It also happen for me sometimes just after downloading the guide.

Thank you Dish Network. Guide info for OTA stations is a blessing. I'm in the Denver DMA and I'm getting guide info for the 6 OTA channels I can receive. Local ABC-DT broadcasts from a small building downtown with the power of an electric hair dryer (1,910 watts, no kidding), so I can't lock their signal, but I get all the rest and the guide info is there. Don't have to double-click the OTA channels to view them either. This is great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts