SoftWare Update: v.281

Carl B said:
Thank you Dish Network. Guide info for OTA stations is a blessing. I'm in the Denver DMA and I'm getting guide info for the 6 OTA channels I can receive. Local ABC-DT broadcasts from a small building downtown with the power of an electric hair dryer (1,910 watts, no kidding), so I can't lock their signal, but I get all the rest and the guide info is there. Don't have to double-click the OTA channels to view them either. This is great!
I'm very happy to hear that Carl...now if they'd just get it onto the 921, I'd be set! :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes if the 921 had it I would be VERY happy (Just the point my wife would stop complaigning would be worth $1000 to me!)
Well there are those people that can take care of 'complaining' for around that price or slightly higher...

(just kidding, PrizeGodess! ;))

Has anyone tried to set a timer on an OTA channel, now that guide data is being populated?

I'm doing some acoustic measuring so I can't go in and check it out myself.

Cheers,

my receiver still has 280 and has been turned off, i forget are there any ways to force a new upgrade, or do i just have to wait and be patient

mmdieter said:
my receiver still has 280 and has been turned off, i forget are there any ways to force a new upgrade, or do i just have to wait and be patient

If you have it set for automatic update you have to just be patient. I would not keep it off. This might be a rollout version so you might not get it immediately.

I have not received the update. Was so looking forward to it all day. Any idea how long it takes for everyone to get it?
Tom in TX

Originally Posted by goaliebob99
im in chicago and no guide data here

Check your software version. You're probably still at 2.80. Patience.....

My 811 took the v.281 upgrade and I now have guide data for my OTA HD channels. One thing I did notice is that my guide now has my SD locals in the 8500 range of the guide in red since I do not subscribe to them. I think they may be tying the SD OTA local guide data to the HD locals like I suggested in this forum several months ago. Another thing I noticed was that the local channels that are on the wing satellite, in this case 61.5 do not have data. I only have a D500 installed, I do not have my D300 up for 61.5. Is anybody who has a wing satellite with SD locals on the wings getting HD local guide data for those channels? Is anybody who has their SD locals at 105 or 121 getting the HD locals guide data?

goaliebob99 said:
im in chicago and no guide data here :mad:
I have guide data for 2-5-7-32 & 50. No guide data for WTTW digital or WGN9. I did not check the other channels except for 26. I have data for 26-1 but none for 26-2.

John Kotches said:
Has anyone tried to set a timer on an OTA channel, now that guide data is being populated?

I'm doing some acoustic measuring so I can't go in and check it out myself.

Cheers,
Timers work great for over the air digital.

Here in the Louisville, KY area...The following have OTA data in the guide
WHAS - ABC
WLKY - CBS
WDRB - FOX

The PBS stations do not have guide data and neither does WAVE - NBC

Mark

according to Dish tech support its a 4 day rollout do to the size of the software. I called Bi!chin about mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts