software updates

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gmcgown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2005
Fort Worth
I noticed somewhere that both the HD and SD sets used with the 622 must be off to receive softwear updates during the night. My wife watches SD late and never seems to get the the STB turned off when she turns off the TV. Have I missed any important stuff over the last thirty days?

The TV sets don't have to be off, but the 622 itself does need to be off. What setting do you have for the inactivity timer? I believe the default is 3 hours, then it shuts itself off.

What has our education system come to. I see more phonetic and erroneous spelling now days.

gmcgown said:
I noticed somewhere that both the HD and SD sets used with the 622 must be off to receive softwear updates during the night. My wife watches SD late and never seems to get the the STB turned off when she turns off the TV. Have I missed any important stuff over the last thirty days?

The default for upgrades is 3am. You can change it to any time you want. If you want to be certain (at any time) that you have the most current software, change the upgrade time to several minutes ahead of the present time and turn off your 622. This way you actually observe the download process (exciting stuff indeed). Just don't forget to reset to the default when you are done.

Last edited:
Jim5506 said:
What has our education system come to. I see more phonetic and erroneous spelling now days.

Your first sentence lacks proper punctuation. I think nowadays was the intended word in your second sentence. Aside from that, I completely agree with you. ;)

Last edited:
noremac said:
The TV sets don't have to be off, but the 622 itself does need to be off. What setting do you have for the inactivity timer? I believe the default is 3 hours, then it shuts itself off.
If you are ever up watching when the 622 is set to update it will give you a warning that it is about to reboot. If you don't tell it to stop it, it will do so and the daily update will occur. (not hard for me to see since I have the one in my bedroom set to update at 7am) So unlike some of the machines it does not have to be off.

cebbigh said:
Your first sentence lacks proper punctuation. I think nowadays was the intended word in your second sentence. Aside from that, I completely agree with you. ;)
OH NO... it must be catching!!!

jlm -- IRT "What is a 622?"

The ViP 622 is a fairly new model, DishPro Plus dual tuner High Definition satellite receiver, that also has a (digital) OTA tuner and a DVR (digital video recorder), for use with Dish Network DBS service.

It has a lot of nice features.

Dishnetwork or Echostar makes them and they are the latest satellite hd dvr with mpeg 4 /mpeg 2 capabilities. For sale at $499.99 and for lease from Dish for $199.99. I have two of them and I love them. THey do both sd in 480i or hd simultaneously- hd in either 480p/720p/1080i.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)