Software Version 7.80 Spooling For Model 6000 Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The iRD number is rundom for us, customers, but never for Dish ! They define precicely a range of serial numbers what will have to upgrade.

Scott, please, don't create new urban legend ;) .

My new 6000 got the 780 upgrade right away. At least after activation. Since they didnt know really that the receiver # existed yet I would assume they have something that says "... and all receivers above #, or upon activation..."

I was an odd case though that I was activated and deactivated right away when the installer came and I didnt want him to install it :). Later that eveing I did it myself and re-activated.

I was afraid Dish would MAKE the installer activate the $149 receiver but they didn't and let him leave the unopened box ;)

Just a minor correction to what Scott said above - 7.80 fixes the discrete HD/SD codes, not the discrete power codes. Discrete power has worked since 7.76 (I believe). 7.77 added the discrete SD/HD functionality, which was then broken in 7.78.

7.80 is in limited release right now. I was told last night that if no problems show up, it will be rolled out to everyone "soon".

If you have any problems with 7.80 on your 6000, please let me know in as much detail as you can and I'll pass it along to the correct people at Dish. Especially if you have any problems with the guide or with any of the new HD channels.

Another problem I had but it cleared up:

After I got the download the receiver clock was WAYYY off, it was something like 6 hours ahead (minutes were also off - it wasnt just hours). BUT the guide info was correct! The guide showed the incorrect times across the top (1:30a, 2:00a, etc..) but had the CORRECT program info for that time (which was something like 8pm at the time).

By the next morning it was ok. I dont think I turned the receiver off overnight.

That usually happens with new activations of dish receivers - takes 4 or 5 hours for the guide time to be correct. I've seen that on every receiver that I've had activated.

I called Dish CS to see why my 6000 with ver7.78 wouldn't take the upgrade, and after going through the routine, the rep checked w/ a supervisor, her answer was that since there are 2 versions of current software on the birds right now, 7.78 and 7.80, all receivers that have 7.78 won't upgrade because 7.78 is still current. The reason all the new receivers are getting the 7.80 upgrade is because they are getting the initial download and taking the latest software. Once they pull the 7.78 off the birds, everyone with 7.78 should get the 7.80 upgrade.

Not true, they send new software selectively by serial numbers and other HW info. You desinforming ppl, as CSR desinformed you :(.

Anonymous said:
I called Dish CS to see why my 6000 with ver7.78 wouldn't take the upgrade, and after going through the routine, the rep checked w/ a supervisor, her answer was that since there are 2 versions of current software on the birds right now, 7.78 and 7.80, all receivers that have 7.78 won't upgrade because 7.78 is still current. The reason all the new receivers are getting the 7.80 upgrade is because they are getting the initial download and taking the latest software. Once they pull the 7.78 off the birds, everyone with 7.78 should get the 7.80 upgrade.
I was told something similar by the Dish Tech Dep't.. The guy told me that 7.78 is current so there was no reason for me getting the 7.80 until the 7.78 wasn't current any more (duh). He also said there wasn't any difference. I asked about the improvements/changes w/7.80 but he didn't have a clue (sigh). I asked if he could force a DL to me and he put me on hold, came back a few minutes later and said no. He also said that he thought the upgrades were done regionally. Why do we bother to talk to these people? Politicians give better answers.....

Once while on the phone with a techie from Dish about some other issue (the program guide on my 6000 was re-allocating shows to different channels) I mentioned that I would like to know what these upgrades were supposed to do for the unit. She was very ugly about it and said something to the effect that there is probably a good reason why they don't want Dish customers to know what the upgrade was for - "the customers don't need to know!" Good Grief!!!

Stacy

Hi,

Software is sent by receiver ID and software version. DISH will beta test new software by selectively sending it to receivers with certain receiver ids. SO at least that was the truth.

Kryspy

I have two 6000's. One (the older one) has been upgraded. The other has not. Haven't really noticed much difference between the two.

FYI, 7.80 has been scrapped. 7.81 should be spooling soon as soon as the last couple of issues are resolved that popped up with 7.80.

Missing Remote Button Clicks on 7.81

I'm really UNHAPPY with the 7.81 "upgrade" !

I had 7.78 on my receiver. Today the Dish 6000 receiver only gets about 50% of the Harmony remote button clicks. I check the receiver and the 6000 has been "upgraded" to 7.81. The Dish remote seems to work ok, but I saw others were having button click problems with "upgrade" to 7.80.

Any others having this problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)