Software Version 7.80 Spooling For Model 6000 Receivers

From suggestion at RemoteCentral.com, changed MINREPEATS value on 6000 receiver XML code for my Harmony 768 remote from default of 1 to 4.

The Harmony 768 seems to be working now with the new Dish 7.81 "upgrade".

Weird, wonder what the Dish "upgrade" did to the 6000 receiver.

Thanks,

Jeff

Problem with new ver. 7.81

I seem to be having a problem direct tuning channels with this upgrade, anyone else have this problem. When I press the numbers it seem to talk a long time for them to appear and by the time I complete the 3 or 4 digit number station it is to late and I lost what I have entered.

I seem to be having a problem direct tuning channels with this upgrade, anyone else have this problem. When I press the numbers it seem to talk a long time for them to appear and by the time I complete the 3 or 4 digit number station it is to late and I lost what I have entered.

Which remote are you using? The Dish one or another universal remote? Did you call Dish so they know of your problem?

My Dish remote worked fine after 7.81. But my Harmony remote missed about every other button click. It wasn't slow, it just missed the button clicks.

I "fixed" by telling Harmony to send multiple IR commands with the Harmony MinRepeats variable.

I still wonder what 7.81 did to the 6000 so it started missing button clicks.

I got the update but my guide still show no information an hour into the future.

I thought this was one of the big fixes in this release?

Yesterday at 9pm, I check and I had 7.81. I was able to go foward in the guide until 6am before it started to seek more info. That was much further than I had ever gone before on this model.

The first beta that I got that had the guide extension in it took overnight to populate the guide out to 12 hours. This was with the 6000 off.

I'm still on the final beta. Haven't been upped to 7.81 yet, so I can't confirm the guide behavior in 7.81. Others have reported that their guides are populated out 12 hours.

Ahh thats my problem, I never turn my 6000 off.

Hopefully they will add a feature like I saw on the 301 where you can specify a time for the quide to update itself. :)

I have a Mitsubishi RPTV and I am using Netcomand. Since the upgrade to ver. 7.81 on my Model 6000u receiver the Netcomand mode is not working properly, I have to press each command twice on my remote control for it to be reconized. The remote works fine when I slide the switch to the DBS mode. I just have this problem in the Netcomand mode. Anyone else with a Mitsubshi TV seeing this problem?

have a Mitsubishi RPTV and I am using Netcomand. Since the upgrade to ver. 7.81 on my Model 6000u receiver the Netcomand mode is not working properly, I have to press each command twice on my remote control for it to be reconized. The remote works fine when I slide the switch to the DBS mode. I just have this problem in the Netcomand mode. Anyone else with a Mitsubshi TV seeing this problem?

Call Dish. The more calls they get on this with remote problems, the better. Hopefully, Dish will do something to fix this problem with the 781 version missing remote clicks on some remotes. My Harmony remote had a problem similar to your remote.

I was able to fix my Harmony, since to send multiple IR commands, but I don't think others with other remotes may be able to do this.

[quote="ride525"

I was able to fix my Harmony, since to send multiple IR commands, but I don't think others with other remotes may be able to do this.[/quote]

I have this problem with the Marantz version of the Pronto Neo. I have done extensive programming with the Neo using their PC edit software and I think the only way to fix this problem will be to get a hex dump of a good RF stream and paste it in using the editor.

Usually you can do this by using a learning remote, which the Neo also is, but the problem is the learning remotes stop recording as soon as they 'think' they have captured the IR sequence. Since I have already used the supplied DISH remote to program the NEO with using learning, this trick is not going to work.

I am also not good enough to figure out how to hack the hex codes to cause a repeat. Hopefully, someone at RemoteCentral will figure it out and post it there.

guide corruption

Over this weekend I moved the 6000 off a local OTA HD channel to a SD sat chanel. I waited a bit and then went to the guide. It was really corrupted. I had PPV entries on basic channels and foreign entries all over the place.

I decided to wait a few hours and see if it cleared up in the future, but it didn't.

I then did a complete power down (pull the plug and wait) and when it came back, it did the usual 'acquiring satellite' dialog for a few minutes and then it came back to the channel I had left it on when I powered down.

I then went to the guide. Most of the corruption was gone, but it is still there in a few places.

Has anyone else seen this?

I have never, in over one year of using the 6000, seen this behavior, so it might be a result of the latest firmware combined with some unusual operations path through the software.

wwilson,

I had this problem crop up on me a couple of months ago. My wife had been watching an OTA channel one morning and then left for the day. We hardly ever power down the satellite receiver, so it was left on. When I got home that evening and turned the tv on I could tell it was on a OTA channel, so I manually entered a channel number to get switched to satellite programming without getting the dreaded "Acquiring Satellite" message. When I got the guide up, it was completely corrupted. On the Fox News channel, it said a PPV movie was coming on. Almost every channel listing in the guide was completely incorrect. I did a power down as well, but it didn't fix it. I had to do the thing where you remove the smart card while it is running and re-insert it. That finally fixed it.

Stacy

corrupted guide

Thanks stacy,

In my case, apparently after enough time has passed the guide has gone back to normal. I will remember the smart card trick, however, the next time this happens and I don't want to wait days.

Back to the remote problems. Has anyone heard of a pronto fix yet?

I noticed last night that the guid data goes away while watching OTA. I thought this release was supposed to fix it?

The guide data will continue to expire when watching OTA (as the receiver is not "multitasking" and can not "switch" to the satellite to get guide data in the background). The "fix" this release has (is supposed to have) in it is a more "sane" way of handling that expired guide data. On my unit, it has a popup that allows you to cancel the guide update if you hit the "Guide" button when the data has expired (thus preventing you from getting a "locked 'Acquiring Satellite Signal' message" if you don't want it). The current release is also supposed to have more data before it expires to lessen the impact of hitting the guide button after being on an OTA channel.

I haven't seen any difference and I am still not getting more than 2 hours out. I am on 7.81. I have been turning it off every night...

but.... I may be leaving it in OTA when I turn it off. I will try leaving it on a Dish channel...

wwilson,

I have looked for a Pronto fix and have not found one yet. I have a TSU3000. I have tried retraining the buttons and adding a IR Extender into the mix.

The cool thing about the IR blaster is I can see how long the signal is from the pronto. I can see that a short button press results in a signal but no response from the 6000. A little longer and it responds.

I would be very interested in a work around for the Pronto that does not involve adding a lot of extra code to the configuration.

My Pronto TSU-1000 has no problems controlling my 6000 on 781 software. Unfortunately, my TiVo can't control it at all.

I copied all my own codes into the Pronto direct from the original remote instead of using others from remotecentral so maybe that's the difference, or maybe the 1000 is just more compatible than the 6000. If you want to try my setup, let me know and I'll see if I can get a chance to export the 6000 section of my Pronto setup and I'll email to anyone interested.

Note: I can't check the forum everyday, so please be patient if you want the codes.

Lkupersmith said:
or maybe the 1000 is just more compatible than the 6000.

Typed to quickly above, obviously meant "maybe the 1000 is just more compatible than the TSU-3000"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)