Solar outage and sun alignment on-line calculators

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
My favorite on-line calculator for the solar alignment has been altered and now I am frankly very disappointed in how it functions.

This was the one that I used to use: www.satellite-calculations.com/SUNcalc/SUNcalc.htm

Does anyone have links to others that work well and are versatile enough so that you can enter your site coordinates and ANY specific satellite? I have tried googling for something better and haven't found much yet, if you've discovered a good one, please post the link so I can try it and hopefully replace the one above.

Thanks,

RADAR

Primestar,

Thanks for this link. I downloaded the app and tested it a little. I am not sure it is exactly what I was looking for, but I agree that it is really swell! I will have to take more time to figure out how to use it properly. It might take me some time to get used to it. But anyway, Thanks!

RADAR

Radar, I see what you mean, they have changed that site again, might have happened with the 10-24-12 update.

When I posted this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/291879-Sun-Outage-Calculator-Update?highlight=outage

in September, they had changed to the visual map/satellite-based interface, but you could still select any specific satellite and get the data for it.

I really liked the way it worked in that version, and even how it was originally before that, but I can't even figure out how to work it now.

Time to check out the one Primestar posted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts