Solar panel actuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solarboy

Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Springville, PA
Ok, I'm new to the forum and have a weird question. I was given an old mesh dish about 6' in diameter. I've made it into a solar heater for my pool by covering the dish with 1/2 black water line. works great. My question is can I power the actuator somehow to move the dish? The actuator is a Superjack II + HQ. It worked well when I removed the dish fro my uncles property. It has 2 heavy guage wires (red + white) and 3 smaller guage wires, I think they are green, brown and maybe white. I'm at work right now and don't remember. What voltage does the moter require? Any suggestions are great. Thanks

SEA linear actuators series is designed for elevation tracking in photovoltaic panels installation with surface from 50 to 300 square meter.
3 sizes available, all self-locking.
Dynamic load capacity from 10 to 100 kN
Linear speeds from 1 mm/s up to 7 mm/s
Stroke lengths up to 1.500 mm
They all have self enclosed limit switches and positioning control MBT Men Shuguli GTX via incremental bi-directional encoder. Available with either AC or DC motors.

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.