Solid Signal DIRECTV and DISH Satellite Signal Meter (SATLOOKLITE)

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Has anyone used this meter to align the Dish Western and Eastern arcs Hybrid dishes. I am thinking about purchasing one to use as we move for east to west 2 or 3 times a year.

Since there is no mention of Hybrid LNBF in the literature, I would doubt if it would work. When I was researching, only the Super Buddy 29 and later Applied Instruments had the Hybrid capability.

Thanks I have a ticket open at Solid Signal asking that very question will post the results when I get it. I do know that is will not work with the 4k LNBS not sure if the hybrid are considered 4k or not most of what I have been able to find out is that 4k are mostly Direct tv stuff the other one is call Reverse Band LNB what ever that is.

It looks like I will be purchasing a new meter the Applied Instruments XR-3 with XR-TS2-01 DBS Satellite Meter Module for $708 from TEquipment.net with free next day shipping and no tax. We move locations ever 3 to 5 days, staying a max of 2 weeks at a time. So the meter will get a lot of use. I hate spending that amount of money but with the increase in complexity of systems it will save me a lot of time in the future. Super Buddy is discontinued and this is its replacement. cost from the factory would be $785 plus shipping and tax.

Thanks for all the inputs, this has been a long time coming but after 12 years on the road and I hope for another 10 it is money well spent.

I brought my Super Buddy used for $300 on eBay and then spent another $150 to have the battery replaced and a new faceplace and other fixes installed. Almost like new.

The used ones I have found on line at various sites look pretty sketchy. I just did not want to spend the time to order it, get it, send it out for repair and then finally get it back working to be able to use it. My wife agreed that I should just go for it, I think she is tired of watching me take an hour or 2 to get the system up and running. I am going to order it today and have it sent to or 3rd stop for here on or around 4/23. We leave here tomorrow then a 5 day stop where we can not get shipments and then a 1 night stop. We will be at NAS Lemoore for 4 nights and they will except shipments and mail prior to us arriving.

I brought my Super Buddy used for $300 on eBay and then spent another $150 to have the battery replaced and a new faceplace and other fixes installed. Almost like new.
Do you guys that have Sat Buddy's update your meters periodically? They push new updates pretty often

I'm still using this! :stooges

dg2.jpg

Reactions: the mack
The SuperBuddy meter does work with Hybrid LNBs, you just need to download and update the software on the meter.
Keep in mind that if your meter is very old one and dont have mini USB port not all Hybrid LNBs will work with it. (there is a 2-3 variations out there)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)