Some 721 bugs I have noticed lately

blackarrow said:
I've noticed two issues:

1. This one may have been there all along but I sure don't remember it. When I first turn on the 721 Blinky comes up in the corner for a split second. Something else does too but Blinky always gets my attention. I turned Blinky off through the menus. Being able to do that is one of the things I like about the 721 over the 5xx series.

Charles
I've noticed that too on both of my 721's. As soon as you turn it on Mr. Blinkly is blinking.

I've also been experiencing a lot of guide lockups. You press the guide button nothing happens.

One more thing I've seen lately is when you change the channel there is NO video. There is audio and a black blank screen.

Khan

I have noticed where the lights come on then back off in the middle of the night. I guess that is when the receiver is updating EPG data.

kvhollis said:
I've noticed that too on both of my 721's. As soon as you turn it on Mr. Blinkly is blinking.

I've also been experiencing a lot of guide lockups. You press the guide button nothing happens.

One more thing I've seen lately is when you change the channel there is NO video. There is audio and a black blank screen.

Khan

I've experienced the no video problem as well just lately. In fact it finally got bad enough (within an hour or so) that I did a front panel reset and that cleared things up.

My 721 will pause for 5 or more hours depending on how you hit the buttons. I paused and hit skip back or something. I came back and it was still paused and showing over 300 minutes delayed. I pressed play and then pause again and it would not pause again as if it ran out of buffer. When I press FF it would only FF so far (for about 5 or 6 seconds) then start playing on its own each time I tried to do so. It played back fine though. I had PIP active and have the 4 hour hard drive shutdown function active but it sure didnt shut down.

well, i am experiencing the guide disappearance-i think i have rebooted five times today and spent a couple of hours with several techies trying to overcome it-the final disposition was that it should work itself out overnight.....like yeah!!!seeing is believing i guess, but it's a drag not being able to bring up the guide and the 721 has operated comparatively flawlessly(considering it's a dish receiver)....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts