Some 942 questions

Fabric8r

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Hi folks, I have some questions about the 942:

1) The TV1 HD output. If I set the HD format to 16x9 and 1080i, what does the SD channels look like? Are they simply not shown? Or are they stretched? Do I have to hit the Format button on the remote each time I go to a SC channel?

2) In my previous receiver, 7200, I could search by date and time. In the 942 It seems I have to know the name of the program and type in the name of the program (takes forever). Can we not just go to a screen where we can choose a day and time next week and browse then?

3) The Installer left my OTA cable hooked to my TV. Said I could just change the channel on my TV to get the local stations. If I hooked this to the back of the 942, would I be able to record or pause OTA programs? How does the 942 recognize the local channels I receive and what 942 channel do they show up as? (If our local NBC is on channel 4, is there a "4" on the program guide?)

Thanks for your time!!!

-Kev

1. All channels show up. You can use format button to select the streched mode you like most or just watch with side bars 4X3 SD channels.
I prefer watching SD with composite outputs. That means I use different TV input. Harmony remote one click does switching between SD and HD for me automatically . I find SD PQ with composite output better then with component or HDMI. But it varies from user to user.

2. In the guide you can use Forward and Back buttons to go one day forward/back. I never use search. Guide is so fast, then why to bother with search. If I really want search I find it fast on Titantv.com first and the locate in the guide.

3. Yes, plug it into receiver and you can record OTA channels. Actually you can record one OTA, two different sat. channels and watch another program from DVR at the same time. You can scan and setup local OTA channels which will appear as 4.1, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)