some channels hd and some not?

catman60

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
michigan
a friend of mine has the 211 receiver super dish,110,119,129.he says he doesn't get all the hd channels. like when you go to channel 200 it automatically goes to the hd 200.he gets a black screen.he then has to click down one to the regular 200 to get cnn.he has other channels like this but i didn't get them

Have him check System Info (menu-6-1-3) to verify he is getting signal from 129.

Have you tried doing a hard reset (unplug the receiver for 20 seconds)? I would also recommend running a check switch test (menu-6-1-1-check switch-test) to make sure the sats are coming on properly.

a friend of mine has the 211 receiver super dish,110,119,129.he says he doesn't get all the hd channels. like when you go to channel 200 it automatically goes to the hd 200.he gets a black screen.he then has to click down one to the regular 200 to get cnn.he has other channels like this but i didn't get them

When I troubleshoot a system, I usually check all the connections (especially outside to make sure there are no corroded connectors.). Check for any break in the lines (cuts/abrasions, splices).

If everything looks okay, you can try restarting the receiver (either unplugging it or push and hold the power button for 5 seconds).

If the problem persists, your friend could call for a replacement receiver or have a technician come out. There are so many possibilities for bad equipment. LNB (eye on the dish) and switch are usually problem areas.

Black screen issues usually mean the receiver needs a hard reboot.. I always tell my customers that before they panic or call anyone, the first thing to do is unplug the box for 10 seconds then plug it back in.. After it reboots, if the problem still persist, then they should call me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts