Some channels missing

sweatherbie

Original poster
Aug 17, 2009
Lancaster, Pa
Put in a DSR100c system from Glorystar for a customer, I can't get a lock on channels 106 and 107 but the quality is great on 171 70 to 75 and the same goes for G19. Both satellites are locked. I did call Glorystar and they said That I wasn't locked on and I should repeak on those specific channels. I did notice that the signal and quality do jump to 80/90 but go away. Any ideas.
Also what channel must system be on to force an update, I tried several and they all fail?
Thanks for any help.

Sorry, but I believe that our team did not give proper advise on this issue. Channel 106 is the strongest channel on AMC4 and 107 is a strong channel on Galaxy 19. If all other channels are coming in with at least 50% quality, then there is no reason that these other two are not.

We would suggest performing a factory reset. Once performing a factory reset, if these two channels still are not coming in, perform an OTA update. Open Menu> Utility> OTA> Manual Update. The step by step instructions with screen captures are in the Installation Guide / Owners Manual and in the attachment below.

If you do not have a manual, you may download it here:
http://glorystar.tv/portal/11/documents/DVR_DSR_Series_HiResV1.pdf

If these channels still do not come in, we might suggest bypassing the 22KHz switch and directly connecting directly to each LNBF to test the channel reception of each channel. We would also suggest a Master Firmware Reset procedure before taking any RMA steps.

• Power Off the rear Master Power Switch.
  • Depress the Channel Up Button on the front panel switch the Master Power Switch ON.
  • Release the Channel Up Button after the Testing Menu appears on the TV or a 0 on the front panel display.
  • Select #0 LOAD DEFAULT and press OK. When prompted, turn OFF the Master Power Switch or the rear of the receiver.
  • If using the RF output and the video does not appear, Press OK 2 (two) times and the video display will reappear.
  • Perform the receiver activation sequence.

There is always a possibility that there is an issue with the receiver, but since the problem affects the strongest MCPC KU channel in North America, it is highly unlikely.

Attachments

• OTA-Update.jpg
    OTA-Update.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 144

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)