Some details on the 622 from the Tech Portal

Thanks................

RandallA said:
No, you don't have to be a retailer. Anyone can access it. It did that to me before when I tried it with Firefox before. What browser are you using? Try it with IE and see if the same thing happens.

I have a mac, and I am using Firefox on it now so I opened up Safari and it worked great. Gives me something to look at until the real thing hits the market.
Sometimes Firefox has these snafu's. This isn't the only time something like this happened.

Thanks again:

Lyle

I was just playing with the interactive guides on the web site and found a setting to enable recording to external device. To my knowledge this is new and promising. Preferences>Record Plus>EDR Setup (External Recording Device)

In the menu you have to choose audio sync to the HD or SD video output. Do you have to do that on the 942?
I guess that means that if you want to use a DVD burner, you have to change the audio sync to work with the SVideo output to burn, then back again to watch TV.

I wonder if the HDMI and S-video outputs are both hot all the time. I could S-video to my Panasonic DVD recorder. If I had one. Which I don't and not likely to any time real soon.

I believe it's been announced that all outputs are hot all the time- a GREAT feature!

SatinKzo said:
Oh yeah, it did NOT come with any component cables, Just coax, phone, and composite.

DISH Tech Page said:
Cables and Accessories
Appropriate HD cable for install
(1) HDTV Digital Audio/Video to DVI Cable (8 ft)
(1) DVI to HDTV Digital Audio/Video Adapter
(1) Y/Pb/Pr 3-Wire Cable (red, blue, green) (6 ft)

I read this to mean that the installer will provide the proper cable necessary for installation. That kind of makes sense to me, as it must cost real $$ to provide all 3. OTOH, I guess i could read it to mean that the 2 cables and adapter should be included.

If it is to be provided by the installer, it would explain them not being in the box for us tech nerds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts