Some details on the 622 from the Tech Portal

Looks like an HDMI cable is included along with an HDMI/DVI adapter. Wonder if this is really the case. I thought I read in the 211 posts that no HDMI cable was included.

Paradox-SJ said:
Look like the 942...with some additionl search features and Dish on demand screen...Now lets just hope it is as stable as the 942
That's the bottom line: stability. I'll wait for a couple of guinea pigs (some of you :D) before I bite.

Rob O said:
Looks like an HDMI cable is included along with an HDMI/DVI adapter. Wonder if this is really the case. I thought I read in the 211 posts that no HDMI cable was included.
The 942 included an HDMI cable.

volkodav said:
211 doesn't even have component cables included in box, we have to grab them separate
Some people have said that their 211's came with component cables, and others said they didn't. So who knows....

Walter L. said:
That's the bottom line: stability. I'll wait for a couple of guinea pigs (some of you :D) before I bite.

I think the 622 will be alright stability wise being that it is built off the 942. I think Dish has finally found a good base to work from. The 211 I have has not had one issue since I got it (looks like my 522 interface). I am looking forward to getting my 622 to replace the 522.

I know it might seem trivial, but the best thing I like about the 211 is the widescreen guide and extended hours on the guide. I also really like the font they used for the banners. Just nice and clean.

Oh yeah, it did NOT come with any component cables, Just coax, phone, and composite.

Am I correct in assuming you only receive 1 UHF remote. In other words...the room the 622 is sitting in, you must have a clear shot of the 622 to control it. No behind cabinet doors?

That stinks. My 6000, 811 & 4900 all had uhf remotes.

In Dish's recent facts blast they talk about current customers paying $299 for 622 upgrade & commitment but don't mention dish 1000 upgrade. They also make it seem like the 622 is available 2.1.06.

Any input on availability?

All of the Dish dual-output receivers come with exactly one UHF/IR and one IR remote.

ebay is full of 6.0 UHF Pro remotes and I am pretty sure those can be configured to control either TV1 or TV2 on a 622.

How to feed the TV2 RF output over coaxial cable to your second (bedroom) TV?
Do I need an optional modulator?

Last edited:
MSG said:
How to feed the TV2 RF output over coaxial cable to your second (bedroom) TV?
Do I need optinal a modulator?

No you don't. You will use the "Home Distribution" RF connection (yellow). It uses channels 21-69 to distribute the signal to TV2.

Thanks RandallA. Do you know if "Home Distribution" RF connection (Coax) can be mixed with regular cable channels by using cable splitter, since I am using cable for locals? Can I select any of those 21-69 channels to use on my choice? :confused:

Last edited:
RandallA said:
I just found the 622 receiver now being listed in the Tech Portal:

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/receiver/622.shtml

I like the Interactive menus.
Is there a reason why I can't get the Tech Portal page to load correctly? Do I have to be a retailer to access the whole shebang? All I get is a jumble of stuff on the left side of the page. Info layered on top of one another. When I click on "home" I get the primary access , but when I choose DP-622, it goes to the stuff I just mentioned.
Just curious. Thanks:
Lyle

No, you don't have to be a retailer. Anyone can access it. It did that to me before when I tried it with Firefox before. What browser are you using? Try it with IE and see if the same thing happens.

MSG said:
Thanks RandallA. Do you know if "Home Distribution" RF connection (Coax) can be mixed with regular cable channels by using cable splitter, since I am using cable for locals? Can I select any of those 21-69 channels to use on my choice? :confused:

In theory, yes you can but I wouldn't do it because both frequencies CATV and the output of the 622 will be fighting each other. You'll probably get neither one of them. You could try a channel that's not being used in your cable system but most likely they are all used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts