Some EHD recordings won't play because channel doesn't exist anymore

LASooner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 29, 2005
I have some old recordings from my 922 of some football games that were recorded on channel 366 which was being used for the HD feed of the game, well now there is no channel on 366 and my Hopper 3 won't let me watch any game that was recorded on that channel. Error 013. Is there anything that can be done to fix this, other than hope Dish puts something on 366 at some point?

Ok, I just noticed there is a channel on 366, its MTVU but apparently that's not in my package which is America's Top250, So which package is this channel in? And why do I need to be subscribed to view a 10 year old recording on my EHD?

MTVU is available in the Flex Pack.... The Everything Package is Top 250 plus the premium movie channels...

I didn't see the channel until I turned on unsubscribed.

If an archived recording is not playable because you don't subscribe to the source channel anymore, that sounds like a huge problem to me.

Reactions: dennispap
I don't think a live channel has anything to do with it. I think, perhaps, his recording are corrupted. We have people that still have Voom recordings that work and those channels haven't existed for nearly 10 years.

Reactions: KAB
I don't think a live channel has anything to do with it. I think, perhaps, his recording are corrupted. We have people that still have Voom recordings that work and those channels haven't existed for nearly 10 years.

They aren't corrupt, they are all old football games recorded on Fox Sports Net, that recorded on channel 366 because that's where the HD feed was being transmitted that day, all the other recordings on that drive work fine. Recorded from ESPN, ABC, Fox. I suspect that's because the other games were recorded on channels I currently subscribe to.

If I leave the error message up the program plays in the background until the message times out and it tunes back to the last live channel.

I can even fast forward before the message pops up and the whole game is present.

I found an old thread on another board that mentioned a similar problem
http://www.dbstalk.com/community/in...r-events-from-non-subscribed-channels.193601/

CwDW60Z.jpg

Guide options/ Select All Unsubscribed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)