Some fun streaming...

NYDutch

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2013
Where our wheels go
I found a site that streams a bunch of old public domain TV programs that I'm sure will catch the eye of other oldsters like me. Check out "Sargent Preston of the Yukon" in color from 1956. Surprisingly decent 4:3 PQ given the 65 year old technology even casting it to my TV from my laptop...

RerunCentury: Free Videos and 20th Century TV

Reminds me of tubtub.com showing the old public domain stuff. Website is still there but I can’t get the videos to play.
Decades showed Car 54. In addition to ooh, ooh (Joe E. Ross) I enjoyed seeing a young Nipsey Russell and Charles Nelson Reilly. Decades also showed The Phil Silvers Show. I got a kick out of both series.

Reactions: FTA4PA
What gets me on these old shows, is when watching them now, you can TELL the backgrounds are fake, and/or in a studio. Even the entire town on Gunsmoke was inside a building for most shots.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks Dutch. I'm watching Our Miss Brooks. I always thought Eve Arden was a hoot! Great memories. I'm 58 so I didn't get to see the original airings. But I remember the reruns fondly.
Ah yes, Our Miss Brooks! It also had Richard Crenna as Walter Denton who went on to a pretty illustrious TV and movie career....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)