Some further questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonydix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Bocas del Toro, Panama
I can view JTVHD1, Gospel Music TV,Sportsman Channel and HITN so now, I beleive,i have successfully found Galaxy 23 at 121.

Here are 2 questions :-
My Coolsat only shows Ku Band transonders on Echostar 9 so can I edit the coolsat channel list with channel master to include the missing transponders ? and if so how ?

and two

Lyngsat shows Al Jazeera in English at 3900 V Is it still there and if so what must I do to pick it up ?

Many thanks
Tony

I can view JTVHD1, Gospel Music TV,Sportsman Channel and HITN so now, I beleive,i have successfully found Galaxy 23 at 121.

My Coolsat only shows Ku Band transonders on Echostar 9 so can I edit the coolsat channel list with channel master to include the missing transponders ? and if so how ?

and two

Lyngsat shows Al Jazeera in English at 3900 V Is it still there and if so what must I do to pick it up ?

Many thanks
Tony

Tony, you can edit your channel list but I haven't had much experience with Channel Master so I can't tell you exactly how to do it.

If you are not going to use the 121W sat entry for Ku another option would be to just change the settings for that sat with your remote.

Go into your Dish Setting menu and change your 121W to:

LNB Power: on
LNB Type: Single
LNB Freq: 5.150

If you don't have any switches, "22 KHz" and "DiSEqC Switch" should be set to "Off".

You could also set up one of the "empty" satellite slots (probably named "0.0 E" in your sat list) with the correct settings (above), and you could rename it "121.0W G23C" or similar, if you wanted to.

Remember your receiver doesn't care what you have the satellite named, it's the signal coming from your dish and the settings that count.

I'm not sure if Al Jazeera English is available FTA on that sat, I'll try to swing my BUD over there today and verify, looks like that Lyngsat entry is fairly recent so it may be there.

If it is live you should be able to get it by blind scanning that sat or entering the tp info and doing a manual scan.

edit: I was unable to get any signal on the 3900 V 27684 tp. no problem with other vertical and horizontal tps on that sat. Maybe someone else can check, I'm not getting it here.

Last edited:

and two

Many thanks
Tony
You might also look and see if your Coolsat has an "ADD SATELLITE" function anywhere. Then just call one 121 C and the other 121 Ku.

I can get Al Jazeera on 121 . I usually just tune in when surfing through., but it was there on Saturday

Thanks for the info guys. I am still a little puzzled by Al Jazeera. In the lyngsat listing it has the figures 108 425 under the symbol rate column and 4035 E under the ONID -TID column.
What do these mean and how to input this data into Coolsat box.
Thanks
Tony

The symbol rate is listed next to the word "DVB", 20000 in this case.
10 is the SID, 4025 is the Video PID and 4035 is the Audio PID.

That transponder that aljazeera is on is a 7/8 fec transponder. Your dish will need to be tuned quite well to get a good lock. that tp has the lowest signal quality out of all the transponders on g23 on both my systems.

Thanks for the advice guys. I have updated the avatar. Enjoy !
Just to be clear Al Jazeera is in a bouqet of signals all of which have a frequency of 3900 V and a symblol rate of 27684 and a fec of 3/4.
Al Jazeera has a PID of either 108 0r 4025 and an APID of 4035 E
Have I now understood correctly ?
Not sure about the significance of the "E"
Thank guys the help is much appreciated
Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)