some ideas for a dish music channel

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
how about creating a polka,rockabilly or christian rock music channel on their dish music channel?just an idea what do you folks think.

thanks

Allen bluegras

Last edited:
Can that be in HD? It is nice to see something from you besides a request for HD. Having Polish ancestry (2 grand parents from Poland) I do like that music but 24/7 would be too much, I question it would be popular enough to make it worthwhile.

Blugras is a true multimedia lobbyist.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

There's not enough of a following to dedicate an entire channel. Maybe they could have a channel that rotates through obscure genre similar to what you might see on a public radio station.

Even a true connoisseur of polka can only handle so much Frankie Yankovic per hour.

how about creating a polka,rockabilly or christian rock music channel on their dish music channel?just an idea what do you folks think.

thanks

Allen bluegras

I always wondered how many people actually integrate the Hopper into their home amp set-up (be it the music channels or Pandora). We do not, but perhaps we are the minority?

(Honestly, out of all of the bluegras posts I have read, this one is slightly more interesting.)

I always wondered how many people actually integrate the Hopper into their home amp set-up (be it the music channels or Pandora).
I listen to the CD channels when doing stuff indoors. My AVR does Pandora and other streaming services so I probably wouldn't use the feature on a Hopper.

I need to cut back on my wrestling viewing. I have been a fan for so long that the first impression I got when bluegras said Rockabilly was that ridiculous gimmick Billy Gunn had for a while. LOL

i just wanted to throw these ideas for you since we cannot get tunein radio maybe one of these days we will

I wouldn't mind seeing Soundtrack Channel, but your requests are probably highly unlikely. If something like that were to come, I have a feeling we would have at least a few of the more popular networks not available like CMT Pure Country, VH1 Soul, mtvU, MTV Hits, MTV Jams, BET Gospel, and BET Hip-Hop before those kinds of channels.

I always wondered how many people actually integrate the Hopper into their home amp set-up (be it the music channels or Pandora). We do not, but perhaps we are the minority?

(Honestly, out of all of the bluegras posts I have read, this one is slightly more interesting.)

We do. It is already hooked up, Just a couple of button presses and you are listening to whatever type of music you want. I was about to suggest that to the OP (assuming he has a hopper), as Pandora seems much more specifically taylored to musical tastes, rather than a broad spectrum channel.

i do not mind listening to pandora but there are not that many rockabilly,christian rock bands on there thats is why i would like to see more dish or siriusxn music channels on our hopper.starting tommorow billie joel channel will be taking over 40s on 4 until june.tunein radio would be great there over 100,000 radio stations that you can listen to but someone told me we are not getting it.i just can only wish.

i do not mind listening to pandora but there are not that many rockabilly,christian rock bands on there thats is why i would like to see more dish or siriusxn music channels on our hopper.
You could always get SiriusXM.
starting tommorow billie joel channel will be taking over 40s on 4 until june.tunein radio would be great there over 100,000 radio stations that you can listen to but someone told me we are not getting it.i just can only wish.
You need to stop thinking Dish is going to be the end all to every Multimedia need. Tune-In is available elsewhere.

I usually use Pandora on Roku or AVR. But, I occasionally listen to the SiriusXM channels from the Hopper.

i do not mind listening to pandora but there are not that many rockabilly,christian rock bands on there thats is why i would like to see more dish or siriusxn music channels on our hopper.starting tommorow billie joel channel will be taking over 40s on 4 until june.tunein radio would be great there over 100,000 radio stations that you can listen to but someone told me we are not getting it.i just can only wish.
You can create your own Rockabilly, Bluegrass, etc channels. That's the beauty of Pandora.

but the problem with pandora the type of bands on there what i like on there.with the bluegrass bands there is a problem with the songwriters not getting paid for what they put onto pandora..i know many bluegrass bands will not put their music on there.

but the problem with pandora the type of bands on there what i like on there.with the bluegrass bands there is a problem with the songwriters not getting paid for what they put onto pandora..i know many bluegrass bands will not put their music on there.
Then complain to them about it.

Don't know where (from what service) Dish gets their CD music channels, but I can't imagine that the songwriters/performers get any better deal from them than from Pandora. If you're really worried about the musician's payment you need to actually buy their music; purchase mp3s or CDs, or listen to a paid service like SiriusXM.

i do buy cds from bluegrass bands.i do listen to siriusxm also.problem with pandora there is not that many bluegrass bands want to go onto pandora because of the songwriters do not get much royalites from pandora for their songs played on there.i just emailed pandora and i asked them the same question i proabley will get a response tommorow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)