Some issues with the Science Channel and Hopper 3

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
What is going on here? The Science Channel shows that I want to watch are acting so odd.

I've had an existing timer for NASA's Unexplained Files since last season. The new season started recently and I noticed that the new episode was not scheduled to record. All the repeats around it were marked to skip due to being repeats but the new episode was completely ignored by the timer. I deleted the timer and created it again using the new episode as the reference. Now no future episodes are scheduled to record. I have tried to record next Wednesday's new episode and I can do it only as a single episode; it can't be made into a recurring timer.

I have a timer for Space's Deepest Secrets. The new season started but the new episode was marked as a repeat and skipped. It says that it is Season 1 Episode 11 instead of Season 2 Episode 1. I did an override to record it anyway. It now shows up in the DVR as Season 1 episode 11 next to the actual episode 11 that I still have from when it originally recorded. The guide says that there are no new episodes coming up.

I have been saving Through the Wormhole episodes since the beginning. They have always been called Through The Wormhole. I noticed that the new season will start soon so I checked the guide data. Apparently the show is now called "Through The Wormhole/Freeman" I had to add a new timer for that new name but I'm worried that the new episodes will not be grouped together with the other episodes that are stored on the DVR.

This is all very strange. Hope that they get this all squared away soon.

Reactions: bspei
Not sure what the "guide data updated" message means. Hopper thinks that each episode of NASA's Unexplained Files is a different show. Recurring timer records the episode where it was created but nothing else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)