some little help

Deep_freez

Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Africa
Good evening

i need some little help with an installation and hope that this is the correct place to ask.

well i have a sattellite dish with a dual lnb on the roof and have " rooms lets say A,B and C. The cable from the roof runs to room A and from Room A i have a cable that runs to room B and from this one an other that runs to room C.

My question is : is it possible to use a multi switch to connect the dual lnb to the cable thjat runs to room A and from there use a spliter to room B and an other spliter from room B to to room C and use a receiver in each room at the same time?
i would apreciate a repply or an other solution if there is

Thanks in advance.

Nope. A single RG6 cable must go all the way from your switch or LNB assembly (if it has an integrated switch) to each receiver. Splitters won't work because the receiver controls the switch in order to determine which satellite and which polarization to use in tuning the channel.

Good evening

i need some little help with an installation and hope that this is the correct place to ask.

well i have a sattellite dish with a dual lnb on the roof and have " rooms lets say A,B and C. The cable from the roof runs to room A and from Room A i have a cable that runs to room B and from this one an other that runs to room C.

My question is : is it possible to use a multi switch to connect the dual lnb to the cable thjat runs to room A and from there use a spliter to room B and an other spliter from room B to to room C and use a receiver in each room at the same time?
i would apreciate a repply or an other solution if there is

Thanks in advance.

No you need seperate lines to the dish for each receiver..

Before I leave it at that there are ways to kind of do what you want but not in a normal usage situation. If you are using a Dish Network system that has 110 and 119 orbitals then you need a seperate cable to each location.

thanks for your repply

am just using it for a single position satellite, i guess then that i will have to run cables to each room separately.
thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)