Some Locals Moving Off 148

Also, TeleSat or someone similar in Canada has sought out or is approved for DBS operations at 138. That company has stated they will lease half of those TPs to other operations.

Ciel has the license and has plans to eventually build Ciel 4 for 138w (Note that Ciel3 will not be used for BSS Direct-to-Home satellite, so for our purposes it will go from Ciel 2 to Ciel 4). It is years away though.

Scott- Any word if the move is because of the life-span of E1, or is it just simply that that they are moving them in-line with all the other locals as a one dish solution.
My guess is that it is definitely not the latter, because otherwise they would have done something years ago.
None of those DMAs have satellite HD locals AFAIK, and all the Dish subscribers already have 148 dishes nailed to their houses.
So, my guess is EchoStar 1 going to fulfill the mission originally slated for EchoStar 2. Alternately, it could even be heading to 61.5 to provide the four transponders...

That would probably require Dish reviving the 157w orbital location, and that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Nah, they are duplicating 119/110 on 72.7 with just 16 TPs. They have 32 at 148, they could duplicate 119/110 with 16 like on 72.7, and use the other 16 for HD.

Abilene, TX - 129 Satellite (October 15th)
Casper, WY - 129 Satellite (October 15th)
San Angelo, TX - 129 Satellite (October 15th)

I guess this never happened.

Abilene TX Area - 148 Move

I am looking for current info on the new local satellite for Abilene, TX. Supposedly, locals for this area are moving to a new sat. We do our own pointing and realignments as periodic wind/dust/hail affects our dishes. I get all my major networks and NFL SundayTicket from Direc*. Direc* does not serve this area for locals. I have a local only account with Dis*. Recently got a call from a Dis* rep saying I needed a service call on my unit to re-point it to the new local sat. I asked for the new satellite info, azimuth and tilt. (They use a Dish500 unit in this area with no tilt and 1 LNB to get the 148.) The rep sharply replied that he did not know and I REQUIRED a service call. (I've had two awful experiences with 'professional' installers.) I asked again for the new pointing directions to which the rep said he did not know. He persisted about an appointment. I said no, we don't allow installers at this property. He abruptly replied, "Then be prepared to loose your local programming" and hung up. (Supposedly this takes effect near/after the end of Jan 2009) I can look up the single satellite pointing data, but still cannot figure out where the locals are moving. Again, I only need to re-point to the specific satellite that delivers locals to this market. If it really is 129, I can handle that easily. I just cannot locate an authoritative source for the info. Dish's site has never shown orientation info for this market. They only show the multi-LNB 500 & Single 119 and 110 for the D300.
Abilene, TX - 129 Satellite (October 15th)
Casper, WY - 129 Satellite (October 15th)
San Angelo, TX - 129 Satellite (October 15th)

I guess this never happened.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 109
I ran a cable and installed a 322 in a room at my friends house Sunday, she has her cousins family staying with her till they get into a new house... the switch matrix showed 110, 119 & 148 so I figured they would lose the Lubbock locals... did a switch check then left the room... a little later they had all populated the receiver...

Heard a rumor that Dish would offer TurboHD to existing customers

Dish's Media Center App

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)