some locals on 61.5/dish to be installed free(read on)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

M T Jones

Original poster
Nov 28, 2003
I understood this before I called up, but I found out something else I didn't
know.

It seems that since I am getting the Dish300 hooked up with the Dish500,
I would need a SW64 (I have DishPro and legacy equip.)

Dish employee said that since I need the switch in order to make the setup
work, I WON'T have to pay a dime for it. Does that sound right? I hope that is what the installer will tell me when he comes out Thursday to hook me up.

She went further to say that if I had not needed the switch to make it work, but just wanted one, then I would pay for it.

Also said that if I bought another receiver(total of 5) and needed to get another SW64 to cascade, then I would get that one free of charge too!

This isn't something I've every been told before.

Had any of you known this info??

Mike

If the must carry lil channels are on the wing slot the FCC makes Dish hook up the dish for free.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-02-3098A1.pdf

I just had it done Friday....yes, it's all for free.

For me they put up a Dish 500 with a single LNB.
Added a DishPro 34 switch at no charge.

Only thing I was apparently mistaken on was, they replaced my DishPro Quad with with a DishPro Twin......well I thought the Quad would be mine being I purchased it, the installer said NO, it had to be RA back to Dish.

John Corn said:
Only thing I was apparently mistaken on was, they replaced my DishPro Quad with with a DishPro Twin......well I thought the Quad would be mine being I purchased it, the installer said NO, it had to be RA back to Dish.

There have been a couple of threads on this in the past. I don't remember if there was any resolution, but I still maintain that you have the right to keep ALL of your equipment. Dish must provide equipment that is compatable with your set up at what ever the cost to them.

Just my opinion though. Others will disagree.

I thought the samething Bob, I thought I should be able to keep my DishPro Quad. Why did they even replace my quad, aren't the twin and quad the same? Can't they both be hooked to a Dp34?

I already had DishPro all DishPro equipment.

John Corn said:
I thought the samething Bob, I thought I should be able to keep my DishPro Quad. Why did they even replace my quad, aren't the twin and quad the same? Can't they both be hooked to a Dp34?
I already had DishPro all DishPro equipment.

Yes, they can both be hooked to a DP34 but a Quad can also supply two DISH 500 outputs in addition to the four DP34 outputs for a total of six. Of course if in the future you need six, you can make them come out and give you another DP34. :)

--- WCS

I needed the quad, I was planing on getting a 522 when available.

In the future, I will have to buy it if I'm not buying the receiver on a promo.
:x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)