Some newbie 922 Questions re: IR remotes and tuner swapping

pnd4pnd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
hi all, i've searched but not been able to find my answers, so help is greatly appreciated.

1. trying to get my IR remote working. i enabled IR control in the settings but it still cannot receive IR commands. i'm using a 21.0 remote with no success...
2. swap button does nothing and it seems like i only have one tuner. i've tried both with sharing on and off but it only seems like one tuner - what i am doing wrong here.
3. also, when i tried to view from sling, it wanted to cancel a recording in progress. why wouldnt it use the other tuner?

thanks in advance...

eric

1) Did you set the remote to use Dish Remote Address 1? Also make sure your using the IR remote NOT the UHF remote. :)

2) Push PIP first. Once PIP is on you can switch.

3) Tuner 2 is for recordings and Sling use only. Thats why it happened.

thanks for fast response...

see my comments:

1) Did you set the remote to use Dish Remote Address 1? Also make sure your using the IR remote NOT the UHF remote. :)

how do i do this?

pushing PIP does nothing. tried both shared on and off....

ok... so you can't record two shows at once??

Just make sure it is on IR (the bottom should have a 1 on it) the remote address on the remote is set on address 1 - hold the sat button until the top buttons glow, hit 1, #, the lights should flash. Then it should work.

Just make sure it is on IR (the bottom should have a 1 on it) the remote address on the remote is set on address 1 - hold the sat button until the top buttons glow, hit 1, #, the lights should flash. Then it should work.

i had to flip the 2 over to 1 but it still doesn't work even after setting the address. is there something else i need to do to make sure it's in IR mode?

also, still cant get PIP or swap to work if someone has any ideas....

thanks!
eric

i had to flip the 2 over to 1 but it still doesn't work even after setting the address. is there something else i need to do to make sure it's in IR mode?

also, still cant get PIP or swap to work if someone has any ideas....

thanks!
eric

ok - found the switch under the battery cover - working in IR mode! thanks....

any help on swapping tuners would be appreciated!

eric

does anyone know how to get the unit in "solo PIP" mode? the quick reference guide says swap needs to be in this mode to work....really trying to figure this out!

thanks!
eric

edit: i found that the solo PIP lamp is lit amber on the front panel. the mode button says it is not supported....

still no way to swap tuners :(

Last edited:
Sure. No matter what you can record up to 2 satellite streams. If you have the OTA module installed (with an antenna) you can record 2 additional OTA streams. Resulting in a total of 4 HD streams at once.

Sure. No matter what you can record up to 2 satellite streams. If you have the OTA module installed (with an antenna) you can record 2 additional OTA streams. Resulting in a total of 4 HD streams at once.

but the other 2 added, will only be the local OTA channels ? or ALL my channels???

Sorry for the dumb question(s):eek:

Don't worry about asking questions. That is what this place is here for! Correct the additional 2 will be whatever channels you get over the air (OTA) via your antenna.

A bit confused by #3. Is this statement different for the 922 than it is for the 622/722? I'd assume that tuner 2 isn't just for recordings and sling???

A bit confused by #3. Is this statement different for the 922 than it is for the 622/722? I'd assume that tuner 2 isn't just for recordings and sling???

i am really trying to understand this as well.... i would like to watch something via sling if it's being recorded....not have the recording stop...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts