Someone is screwing with the DISH guide information (Ellen related)

Doppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
The descriptions for today's and tomorrow's Ellen DeGeneres Show say "What will Ellen DeGeneres, the world's funniest and sexiest woman, do today?" And the descriptions for today's and tomorrow's American Idol say "American Idol starring Ellen DeGeneres and some other people."

If you look at the listings on Zap2It.com, which I've been using for a while now because they use the same listing company as Dish does so the information is always the same, you'll see it doesn't have these descriptions. So it seems to me someone at Dish changed these listing descriptions.

Weird huh? And if your guide doesn't say this then maybe it's only on my local channels, which would be WNBC and WNYW in NY.

Last edited:
Same here

It says same thing here & I think it's hilarious. :haha Doubt anyone will get canned for this. Since how many people really give a S**t since it's A.I and everyone knows who's on it. It won't be anyone at E* since they have nothing to do w/what is listed in the guide.

Here's some more fun...

23673_605421518656_39503808_35256831_6777274_n.jpg

Its a publicity stunt. :)

The other day on the Ellen Show someone said that DISH Network was being mean by mentioning all the judges from Idle except for her... She was upset...

So today to say sorry to her, they were screwing with the guide to make her happy.

Scott beat me to it. It was great on her show last week, and they even made a screenshot up of their own about Ellen's Show.
No one is going to "loose" their job, no one is going to get fired. I think it is pretty funny actually.

Knowing that dish did it intentionally is funny as crap.

The reason I thought someone would get fired is because dishes internal networks are mostly closed networks. You can't get from one network to the other with a hack. You have to be physically in the network to get something done.
So now it makes sense.
But next, Colbert will be expecting his own dish treatment.

I guess I'm going to have to be the minority here.

It seems extraordinarily juvenile, especially in light of the fact that Dish has enough problems with incomplete or wrong guide data!

Yeah I also think its pretty stupid of Dish especially seeing as they did it to the most popular show on TV so many customers are going to see it and wonder what is going on. I also think that audience member was dumb for complaining about her name not being listed. Didn't he or she realize that every show description only has room for three names? Do they want every name listed there? Ryan Seacrest? All the contestants? C'mon, what a waste of time.

Yeah I also think its pretty stupid of Dish especially seeing as they did it to the most popular show on TV so many customers are going to see it and wonder what is going on. I also think that audience member was dumb for complaining about her name not being listed. Didn't he or she realize that every show description only has room for three names? Do they want every name listed there? Ryan Seacrest? All the contestants? C'mon, what a waste of time.

most popular show on TV???? I really hope it isn't even 2nd. But then again, look around...

i think its funny what dish did- and it does not hurt them, i am sure Ellen will talk about it on her show which is free adv. for dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)