Someone is screwing with the DISH guide information (Ellen related)

There's already a thread about this.

I can't imagine why some people think that this nonsense is a good idea.

I expect long-running in-jokes on pirate radio, or at least free media of some sort. I don't expect nor appreciate it on things I'm paying for.

I expect long-running in-jokes on pirate radio, or at least free media of some sort. I don't expect nor appreciate it on things I'm paying for.
Does it affect your ability to record these channels?? Does it alter the accuracy of the title, status of the program, etc.?? It doesn't on my receiver.

I don't necessarily think it's a good thing either; it may lead to other celebrities asking for similar treatment, but I won't get all upset about it...

If the mods want to, they can merge the thread. If this upsets you, don't read it. I contribute to this site just like you, so what you feel is nonsense can stay or get deleted by mods. I'm giving information on what DISH put in the guide!

Does it affect your ability to record these channels?? Does it alter the accuracy of the title, status of the program, etc.?? It doesn't on my receiver.

I don't necessarily think it's a good thing either; it may lead to other celebrities asking for similar treatment, but I won't get all upset about it...

:up :up :up :up :up

3 words

Get over it! It isn't anything that affects the function of the equipment. It doesn't do anything to hurt the schedule. It has only been on American Idol and Ellen's show. So why are people getting all upset over such a minor thing. I it a case of someone always has to B**ch about anything different. Boy "it's much ado about nothing". :rant::D

I would have never noticed.... I think it is funny but I know the big key they shooting for is having her talk on her show about it.

Don't see how it can be offensive.

People, get a grip...Dish did the best thing they could by changing the guide. First, they got thousands of people to notice them...for all the complaining about how bad their guide is, it seem that it's useful enough for everyone to notice this "joke". Second, they got at least 2 days of free publicity on Ellen, one of the top daytime shows (and who knows for many other forms of free publicity they will get from other sources commenting on this). Third, if someone like Jimmy Kimmel or David Letterman brings it up, again, more publicity! And finally, it shows Dish has a sense of humor and is in tune to what others are saying about them...stop and think for a moment...if Dish would have ignored what Ellen said or issued some kind of "official statement", Ellen would have made Dish out to be another big company who has no sense of humor and can't be bother with such trivial things, putting Dish in a bad light. This way everyone is giving a thumbs up to Dish for joining in on it.

Chill out! It hurt no one and gave a lot of people a good laugh, something we all need these days!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)