Some success but where am I ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonydix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Bocas del Toro, Panama
The story so far. Mounted the 6ft offset dish in a pace which was too dificult to adjust. Moved it to the roof with an unobstructed view of the arc from abot 30W to 260W. Mounted the Goesat pro LNB aand went searching for signals with the coolsat 6000.
Found something towards the east which we think is Intel sat 9 at 58 since it has many scrambled channels but the channel list is similar to that found on Lyngsat.

The moved round searching for more and found something way west which we cannot indentiify. Blind scans bring in just 5 tv channels all with 12.181 V 30000
The channels could not be viewed on the Coolsat but the Nfusion decoded them to be :-
A PBS test card
V me
Inside Washington
Create

Does anyone have any idea which satellite I might be looking at. Given its azimuth and elevation it must be around Galaxy 13. Are these just feeds ?

Many thanks

Tony

The story so far. Mounted the 6ft offset dish in a pace which was too dificult to adjust. Moved it to the roof with an unobstructed view of the arc from abot 30W to 260W. Mounted the Goesat pro LNB aand went searching for signals with the coolsat 6000.
Found something towards the east which we think is Intel sat 9 at 58 since it has many scrambled channels but the channel list is similar to that found on Lyngsat.

The moved round searching for more and found something way west which we cannot indentiify. Blind scans bring in just 5 tv channels all with 12.181 V 30000
The channels could not be viewed on the Coolsat but the Nfusion decoded them to be :-
A PBS test card
V me
Inside Washington
Create

Does anyone have any idea which satellite I might be looking at. Given its azimuth and elevation it must be around Galaxy 13. Are these just feeds ?

Many thanks

Tony

Looks like AMC-21.

AND BTW, I assume the 260W is a typo, because no way can you see to 260W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)