Need help finding and picking out a tuner card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
I dont want to go into too many detials as I am working on a project ( legal ) to replicate an soon to be released product. I basically need to know what are the best DVB-s and DVB-s2 tuner cards with linux support. Yes Linux support is key.

I want to start out with DVB due to other components I have to buy and know they are generally cheap. If my idea works would like to see then support DVB-S2 for HD.

This is all spurred on by some disappointing news at CES and some specs on a new reciever/server shown at the show.

Any help would be greatly appericated

stonecold

Since you claim to provide unofficial support to DTV, how about this trade-off:

I give you info on the best supported by Linux DVB-card after you PM the code sequence that a DTV Receiver issues to switch to Flex Port 1 or 2 from any other port of Zinwell WB68 Multiswitch. Deal? :)

Tip: Spectrum Analyzer or Zinwell Support Tech may help. I just have a WB68 switch and want to be able to switch to its Flex ports with my PC Card using FTA setup - not related to receiving DTV signals at all. I asked Zinwell support as well, but no reply so far. I think it may be just a non-standard DiSEqC command. Bottom line is: I bought the switch and want to use all its ports paid for. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts