Some XM Channels to be REMOVED tonight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I used to listen to The System and my wife liked U-Pop. I'm kind of annoyed that XM pulled them from paying customers months ago, but apparently, DirecTV was still getting them until now.

Of course, I'm annoyed with practically everything XM has done since the merger. Steepest customer satisfaction drop-off ever.

I didn't think we'd use XM off of DirecTV much but it turns out we have. We power outdoors speakers through our family room setup and it got to be a lot easier just to tune to an XM station and pump the music outside to the patio and pool. We also use it during parties like our Christmas open house. Kind of a "fire and forget" operation and I didn't have to go around the house but once to set two of the setups to the Holiday channel.

sirius xm Radio

I guess i one of the few, I love my Sirius XM radio. Alot of programs you can not get over the air. If you are a big sport fan were can you get all the spots teams for $12 a month.Sirius is trying hard to revap the company, somethings will have to go. There is one radio that siruis has that you can pick you channels up to 65 for $6.99 a month music only.Sirius is alot like ford not asking for money from the FEDS. Both company are down but not out. If you look at the stock sites most are kicking them while there down. I just picked up the life time plan for under $400 us, LIFE TIME. Both NFL, AND MLB, are over $200. OK i am now done, I love you guys on this site its fun.

You know, I'm getting REALLY tired of all this BS on the constant channel switches on D*, due to the S/XM merger. :rolleyes:

But the thing I'm REALLY pi$$ed about is - both XM & Sirius yanked their all disco channels (Chrome & Strobe), & I understand that D* can't do anything about that. However, when BOTH XM & Sirius put The Strobe back up a couple weeks ago, while E* DID add it back, D* did NOT, which makes NO sense at all to me! :mad:

Frankly, I REALLY wish D* would go back to Music Choice, or maybe perhaps even try the Urge service that FiOS & some cable companies are carrying now. (Insight switched to it several months ago)

why does a TV service need XM / Sirius stations anyway? if you want to listen to music or whatever just get a radio, or an iPod! I like to WATCH TV!

My mom has XM in her car and the sound quality is horrible. all of the people on the talk stations sound like they're underwater. I'll take my iPod any day, and regular old fashioned FM for talk.

huh....my xm in the cars sounds great.

why does a TV service need XM / Sirius stations anyway? if you want to listen to music or whatever just get a radio, or an iPod! I like to WATCH TV!

My mom has XM in her car and the sound quality is horrible. all of the people on the talk stations sound like they're underwater. I'll take my iPod any day, and regular old fashioned FM for talk.

It is your mom's setup. I have a lot of negative things to say about XM right now, but sound quality isn't one of them. I have never really complained about the sound quality. The talk stations all sound better than AM radio. Ever listen to talk on AM?

Tomcat, I agree with skottey it is your Mom's setup. I listen to ESPN radio, sports, and music all sound pretty good. I love now having the NBA and NFL broadcasts.

I wish I could drop all XM channels for a price reduction

Agreed.:up

I never turn on those stations. If I want to listen to music when I'm not in my car(I have a Sirius account), I'll either listen to a CD or Slacker Radio on the internet.

There's probably something wrong with the XM setup. XM wouldn't have ~10 million members if their audio quality was below that of regular radio.

The Sirius/XM stations do serve a nice purpose as a quick audio solution. Recently, I was at a small bridal shower held in one of my wife's school buildings, and there was no stereo or anything in the room. They had a directv receiver there (which of course no one could get working except for me) which I immediately accessed and switched to Spa (which was enjoyed quite a bit at first, until people complained it was a little "too spa-like") and then switched to the Easy Listening station. It added a nice mood to the event, and was easier than setting up an iPod and would have easily beaten out tuning to a local radio station which deals with stupid commercials and constant song breaks about local crap you don't care about either.

All that said, if removing the Sirius/XM stations meant $3 off my bill, I'd likely remove them. However, since I am "stuck" with them, I do like the idea that if I'm entertaining people for a party I can just put on a station, which is hooked up through my stereo and can be used in both sides of my apartment. It's easier than programming an MP3 player where I'm constantly wondering whether each song will appeal to the crowd and having to play tech guy if it messes up, or dealing with regular radio with tons of static and annoying commercials.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)