Somebody is Changing Channels on my 722 Receiver!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ccuser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2008
I received replacement unit 722. My neighbor is changing my channels. Installer fixed it when I initially got the dish service.
I searched how to change remote address location and tried to do following :

= press and hold SAT button until it start blinking
= choose a number between 1 through 15 ( tried 4, 8, 11)
= press record button once SAT button blinks 3 or 4 times.

Now remote does not work at all until I set it to 1.

//Relevant information:\\

# Remote is green one
# I don't have TV2 connected and neither I use blue remote.
# I do have remote antenna connected.
# remote address under MENU 6-1-3 is 1 for both remotes is "1" and
# Remote address does not change even when I perform above method (checked ''sys info'' with buttons on receiver).

so my question is:

How can I reprogram my remote and receiver so my neighbor does not interfere?

You got the procedure wrong a little bit. You need to press the # button after you selected the selecte the remote address instead of the record button.

(1) Hold SAT button until the others light up
(2) Select a number to use as your remote address
(3) Press # button
(4) SAT button blinks three times
(5) THEN You press Record button pointing it towards the receiver while you have it in the system info screen. Look at section i on the system info screen at the Rem Addr and make sure it changes it off of 1.

Installer made a mistake by not changing the remote address of TV 2 (section j) off of 1. You should get the blue remote and put it on a different code than what is being used for TV 1.

You got the procedure wrong a little bit. You need to press the # button after you selected the selecte the remote address instead of the record button.

(1) Hold SAT button until the others light up
(2) Select a number to use as your remote address
(3) Press # button
(4) SAT button blinks three times
(5) THEN You press Record button pointing it towards the receiver while you have it in the system info screen. Look at section i on the system info screen at the Rem Addr and make sure it changes it off of 1.

Installer made a mistake by not changing the remote address of TV 2 (section j) off of 1. You should get the blue remote and put it on a different code than what is being used for TV 1.

Oh....I was not ON SYSTEM INFO screen when I was doing it. It went through now. Thanks

Quick question: can I use "TV2 Blue remote" on TV1? (TV2 is not hooked up and I am operating in dual mode).

Oh....I was not ON SYSTEM INFO screen when I was doing it. It went through now. Thanks

Quick question: can I use "TV2 Blue remote" on TV1? (TV2 is not hooked up and I am operating in dual mode).

If tv 2 is not hooked up, you should place your 722 in single mode, and then you can use the blue #2 remote for TV 1 .

Putting your 722 into single mode also lets you use picture in picture.

Yes. Pull out the blue tab and turn it over to the black side and put back in. You will have to set the correct address.

If you have a 722 you do not need to pull out the tab. Either the green TV 1 remote or blue TV 2 remote will operate it IF you have it in single user mode. What you do is have the TV 1 output and TV 2 output (over coax) show the same thing on both and just use a splitter on TV 2 to go to other rooms you may have. Make sure the UHF antenna on the back of the receiver is connected.

With the TV 1 Remote Go to >MENU >6 (System Setup) >2 (Shared View) and select the appropriate option (I cannot tell you what that is since I only have my TV 2 remote accessable at the moment but maybe someone else on the board can tell you what that is).

This will allow the channel to display on your TV 1 (component cables) and TV 2 (coax) at the same time.

Just got my 722 installed Sunday. As of now it is a little bugger than my 622. Sometimes the 7 second back on some channels does not work right. Had to reboot to fix and one program did not record. This morning the hdtv set up had changed to 480p was 1080i. I was thinking the last one was a software problem and thought it had been fixed. I have 616 on both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts