someone w/ more smarts please explain

sert205

Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
For some reason I do not pick up the WB on OTA. On my 811 I show a 85% signal strength, yet the picture is blank. All my other channels work great. I e-mail the station to verify the broadcast in HD and they do. I also receievd the following e-mail.

KSMO added Extended Program Information to the data stream about 6
weeks
ago.

Some receivers have had to be reset in order to receive the new, FCC
required, information stream.

I also understand that some older receivers require a software upgrade.

There is no other difference with our transmission that would cause you
not to decode except as noted above.

If I understand it correctly I should either a be able to turn off and reset my 811 top get a picture or be my 811 of less than a year old has outdated software? I have the setting set to do automatic software downloads.

Please help if any is available :confused:

You might need to go into your OTA menu, manually remove the channel, then manually scan that channel back in and save. I have a 6000 and had to do that to several Atlanta channels when they changed their PSIP information. If that does not work, you need to have the latest software download for the 811 from E* if you do not already. This should happen if you turn off the 811 overnight and have the automatically download new software option on.

The other thing that might have occurred is that the station might have an error in their new PSIP information. This occurred with the Atlanta Fox station, but the station engineer monitors the Atlanta Yahoo ahdtv forum where several of us posted that we could not receive Fox with the new PSIP. The minor PSIP error only affected 6000 users and some computer tuners. The Fox engineer checked the new PSIP setup and corrected it in a few hours. I then had to delete the FOX channel and manually scan it back in and it was perfect again.