Something I Don't Understand About NHL Center Ice

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
I was looking at the Penguins schedule this week on my guide and saw that they play the Canadiens on Wednesday night on FSN Pittsburgh HD. HOWEVER, for us NHL CI subscribers, we won't get to see the game in HD, they're going to give us the SD version of FSN Pittsburgh's own HD broadcast, meanwhile, we get TWO broadcasts of the Florida vs. Tampa Bay game both in HD just the different team's broadcasts. If we were to try and go straight to FSN Pittsburgh HD, we'd be given the "blackout" screen even though we are NHL CI subscribers.

What I want to know is first, can't they let us see any game broadcasted in HD if they have that HD channel in Dish's lineup? Isn't that what subscribing to the hockey package is all about? If not, how on earth do they decide that it's better to broadcast the same game with just two different feeds as opposed to providing as many DIFFERENT games in HD as they can? How do these decisions get made? I'm truly confused.

I'm gonna take a guess that the game on wed will be available on center ice in HD. Most likely it hasn't been updated to the guide yet. Heck, I'm updating my guide right now because it shows no games past monday. I can't imagine that they wouldn't map the center ice HD channel to the RSNHD channel, although I also imagine that there are still some kinks to work out with this whole NHLHD and RSNHD thing. In fact, due to some program guide glitch, I was able to watch the Ducks and the Blue Jackets in HD on FSNOH-HD because the guide listed the program as "no info" even though the center ice feed was blacked out (I'm in the ducks market).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts