Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Our forum software did something odd yesterday... and I am at this point not sure what caused it or why it happened... but it tried validating some members email addresses and for those that bounced it set their accounts to requires validation mode which is like a new user without postiing rights.

I have been going through the logs and setting these accounts to validated again, but I must do this by hand.

If you are having issues or I haven't got to your account yet please email helpme @ satelliteguys.us (remove the spaces) and I will get to you as soon as I can. Or for faster service try changing your email account to a valid working account and verify your email address again.

I have a ticket into Xenforo support about this issue, and hope to get better insight of why this happened.

I am sorry for the inconvience this may have caused. And I will work to make sure it never happens again.

Grr, looks like this happened to about 600 members, all who must validate their email address... or have me hand fix them.

I have gone through a bunch of them already but have to leave for a few hours, so I will pick up when I get back.

Again if this happened to you the quickest way to fix it, is to change your email address to your valid working email address and then validate your email.

If not email me with your username at helpme @ satelliteguys.us and I will get to it as soon as I can.

Again I am sorry, you did NOTHING wrong and you are NOT banned.

Well I have gone through them and believe I got them all. Hopefully I have not missed anyone.

No reply from Xenforo support on why this happened though.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: TheKrell
May be they are still away for the holidays, but I hope they have an answer soon, so this don't happen again.

Reactions: TheKrell
Well Scott this happened to me around October, got so much on my plate I didn't even try, just assumed I got banned again, so if that's the case; you lost more people, who are getting this message

SatelliteGuys.US - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action

Don't know if this helps you I could get in as a guests if I used sandboxie, but I could not get into the pit, and the site somehow saw my real IP because it showed my name, so if anyone else is missing, you somehow locked them out just like me I don't know how you would know, who's gone, or who's locked out

Luckily the system keeps logs. So I saw everyone the system changed. Arrgg what a pain in the ass. :(

What I did notice is that when I tried (re)validating myself, I did not receive the validation email. I hope that issue is fixed. I'll try it tomorrow and report back.

Your account is now fine. As is everyone elses...

Xenforo support got back to me with a database query which fixed everyone.

The query was as follows (In case I ever need it again.)

UPDATE xf_user
SET user_state = 'valid'
WHERE user_state = 'email_bounce';

In addition I have enabled some variables on the email bounce service which should (hopefully) prevent this from happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts