Something up with 5Max's launch?

Shining seems to be in HD on 5Max right now...But Max-w HD seems to be the wrong movie and letterbox within a letterbox....

Yup... 5-MAX HD is showing HD! A Walk in the clouds is on in HD!

MAX-W HD is all kinds of screwed up!!!!

MAX-W and MAX-W HD are NOT showing the same program.

Guide shows Big Daddy on both, MAX-W has the right movie, MAX-W HD is showing some chinese movie with subtitles in SD 4:3

Guide shows Big Daddy on both, MAX-W has the right movie, MAX-W HD is showing some chinese movie with subtitles in SD 4:3

Yep. Finally got hd on this channel and lost it on another. I wonder if the hd power switch is only working for 2 Cinemax channels.:rolleyes:

Actually what is on the HD version is the correct film per the website. The guide and the SD version are showing the incorect film

BTW "what you are calling "some chinese movie in SD 4:3" is on my set "Anna and the King" in HD. So I am totally confused. Maybe it went to the "right" film between your post and mine.

5-MAX appears to be fixed, I see "A Walk in the Clouds" in HD which looks better than when I saw it in the theatre. MAX-W is showing "Grease" in 4x3, the guide says "Big Daddy".

Looks pretty good to me. They got me though, I had forgotten the first couple of minutes is in 4x3 on that one. :)

Just looking at cinemax website. I did not realize there are four cinemax channels (not including west coast) that Dish doesn't carry. WMAX, @MAX, thrillerMAX, outerMAX. Should I call and ask for a refund of my $0.01 for the second year since I'm only getting half the channels? :D

Looks pretty good to me. They got me though, I had forgotten the first couple of minutes is in 4x3 on that one. :)

Just looking at cinemax website. I did not realize there are four cinemax channels (not including west coast) that Dish doesn't carry. WMAX, @MAX, thrillerMAX, outerMAX. Should I call and ask for a refund of my $0.01 for the second year since I'm only getting half the channels? :D

right now you get WMAX - just turn to MAX-W HD.
Someone switched on the wrong feed, or something.

There is another thread on this that I noticed:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/135588-did-max-hd-west-dropped-signal.html

Glad to see 5Max working.

Now Max-W is showing a classic I can't place, dubbed. Don't think it's WMax anymore.

Edit: Looks like Wait Until Dark.

Edit2: It's WMax— Max just didn't match my time zone correctly, but it's dubbed in Spanish. Go figure.

Last edited:
The guide now matches the programs on all three.

All three will not be showing hd at the same time (according to the guide) until 11:00 eastern time. Then we should know if it has been fixed.

The guide now matches the programs on all three.

All three will not be showing hd at the same time (according to the guide) until 11:00 eastern time. Then we should know if it has been fixed.

The guide is wrong again!! Max- w hd shows Final destination3 in the guide, but the channel is showing Beerfest and it is in spanish!!!!
it was messed up before that as the guide had Big daddy, but it was showing a kirstie alley/olsen twin movie in spanish!!

This begs three questions...

1)Why are we getting WMax?
2)Why is it in spanish?
3)Why is WMax showing BEERFEST?

Ooops...as I write this, it fixed itself. It now has Final Destination in HD.

The good news...there are three different HD movies on Cinemax right now!

The bad news...one of them is Mrs Doubtfire. :(

What is the point of these "themed" multiplexes? It's one thing to show crap on the "5 star" channel...that's a matter of opinion.

Why is Murder In The First showing on OuterMax- which I assume is supposed to be SciFi/Horror? Why are they showing Patton tomorrow?

Having a "woman's" channel is sexist anyway, but as long as they are stereotyping the entertainment choices of women, why Beerfest, Dragnet, We Are Marshall, The Babe, ect. These all seem like stereotypical GUY movies.

The other one's seem a little more focused, although honestly the stuff on ActionMax and ThrillerMax seems pretty interchangable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts