Sometimes DISH reall burns me up...

One of the things that alot here seem to forget, that not everyone can get a CC... There are many many reasons as to why people dont have CCs. Ex's could have strapped them for large amounts after leaving them is one of the biggest reasons that I know of. Loss of "life" job and just starting a new job is a close second in today's economy.

As for cable company's requiring SSN, that's been proven illegal (in Florida anyways). Something about a govt. issued number not being used for payment. I dont remember why that came about, I just know they cant legally ask you for it here.

Oh well, guess i'm just gonna have to go buy some new equipment.

Khandurian said:
One of the things that alot here seem to forget, that not everyone can get a CC...

Everyone can get a credit card. Bad credit? Get a secured credit card. Illegal immigrant? Bank of America offers a credit card for them too.

Aren't those "secured credit cards" of the pre-paid type? Technically a debit card. And not acceptable.

Aren't those "secured credit cards" of the pre-paid type? Technically a debit card. And not acceptable.
No, they're not. You put money in a savings account that has to remain there which basically covers your credit limit. It is a credit card in all other aspects.

Not sure that SS requirement is legal. Yes, I know it's often asked for- but I don't think it's legal. What was never enforced seems to now be coming into more and more enforcement. Notice the states are moving from SS #s for DL #s, and creating some new number?
And starting this year the Armed Forces will be moving away from using the SS# as your Military ID number.

In the day I had an enlisted Military ID number - next a three digit Midshipman Military ID, then a six digit number combined with a four digit designator. In 1974 all Military ID numbers were replaced with the SS#.

As I said, the military is currently moving toward no longer using the SS# as an ID number.

(It wasn't too many years ago that in order to cash a check one needed the Social Security number as well as full name, rank, and both home address and Military address printed on the check... and of course the checking account was printed on the check. An Identity Theft waiting to happen.)

Last edited:
Not sure that SS requirement is legal. Yes, I know it's often asked for- but I don't think it's legal. What was never enforced seems to now be coming into more and more enforcement. Notice the states are moving from SS #s for DL #s, and creating some new number?
Using SS's numbers for drivers licenses, along with your birthday? Sounds like a criminals dream! Note I have great credit so I don't need to visit there! :>)

I'm not sure any State is using the SS Number for the driver's license ID number. Many, many States require you to show your SS number to apply for the license though. This is to beat Dead Beat Dads.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts