Sometimes I wonder - A Scott Comentary

Satellite does look more and more like cable as time goes by with these additional fees and the customer service getting worse and so forth.

Jerry G said:
Thanks for the update. I'm hoping the aspect control update also fixes a centering problem that at least one other person has reported and that I've seen on the original 811 I had and a replacement I had to get because of a problem with the first unit.
That problem is that if I center a widescreen HD channel image, and then tune in an SD channel, the SD channel isn't centered. Also, if I tune in an HD channel that is showing 4:3 material, that image is also off center. This happens with component output with 480p, 720p, and 1080i. It was also present on the DVI output. S-Video output doesn't have any centering problem. Have you observed this problem?

And I agree with you about Nick's comment. It was very unfair. The 811 may eventually be a good unit. But it was released too soon. The centering problem and lack of aspect control means that I have not connected it to my plasma and it sits almost idle connected to a small bedroom set that I rarely use. In other words, I have a product that is useless to me until the aspect ratios are restored and the centering problem is fixed. I'm glad Nick's unit is perfect for him. Mine certainly isn't usable.

I am not having any probelm with centering on my Samsung projection TV. I have been looking other forums and diden't find any other person with the centering problem. Make sure when you talk with CSR you give TV brand and Model number. Keep in mind each TV also have their own issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)