motor to go to the position using the blue button, its not taking
there. Is there a way I can keep my satellite settings saved so that
even when I configure another satellite the previous setting don't
go. In short what I am trying to do is when I switch between satellite
the motor should take me to the other satellite setting with out me
moving the dish manually, I thought that is USUALS all for. I don't
use any switches now.

Last edited:
You must have USALS "activated" for each satellite you want the motor to go to. In the menu, for each satellite, is a setting for the motor which must be enabled for the motor to automatically move to that particular satellite when you want it to. This MUST be enabled for EVERY satellite individually or the motor will not go there automatically.

As far as the transponder setting, don't worry about it. When you leave the menu, it defaults back to the first listed tp for that satellite. Practically every receiver does that, and it really makes no difference what that is set to anyway, so don't worry about it.

Bruin thanks for that tip. Is there a way I can limit the delay time when switching between satellites . Currently when I switch channels between AMC1 and PANSAT satellites almost a 3 minute delay occurs. Is that usual do I have put the USUALS setting to continues or something or I have to add a additional LNB or switch to reduce the delay. Did anybody work with the channel master software from SonicView I am not able to get any channel list on the receiver to my computer.

Last edited:
Bruin thanks for that tip. Is there a way I can limit the delay time when switching between satellites . Currently when I switch channels between AMC1 and PANSAT satellites almost a 3 minute delay occurs. Is that usual do I have put the USUALS setting to continues or something or I have to add a additional LNB or switch to reduce the delay. Did anybody work with the channel master software from SonicView I am not able to get any channel list on the receiver to my computer.

I have no idea what the "pansat satellites" are, but it shouldn't take three minutes to switch between any satellites on the arc. Something is not right with the motor if it takes that long to move. If you go from one end of the arc to the other, it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds. Make sure that nothing is hindering the motor movement, i.e. loose cables getting tangled up, etc. The "continuous" and "step" settings, in the motor menu, are for tweaking your dish for maximum quality strength for a particular satellite. They are not part of USALS.

I don't mess with channel lists, so I can't help you there.

I just timed my sg-2100 from amc6 (72W) to Gal 18(123W) going to a horizontal polarity transponder. It took about 30 seconds . Even to a vertical polarity tp it was only 35 seconds before the destination channel came on the screen. Three minutes is excessive. First thing to do is actually watch it move. Is it moving the entire 3 minutes, or is it ( for example) going to the end of the arc and reversing, going to reference point, and then going to destination. Watching your hardware work is fundamental in troubleshooting. Keep in touch
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts