Sony 3D Blu-ray players

Here is a rookie question:

Will you need glasses for the new 3DTVs that are being launched this year? For Avatar 3D you did need them but I recall hearing about a Panasonic (I think) 3DTV a year ago or so but people weren't too impressed with the pic quality. I guess it was meant for B2B though...

Moreover, if you need glasses - will it work with my old Full-HD Flat-TV or do I have to buy a whole new system?
I saw the 3D TV at CES that you didn't need glasses for, it was not that great...

Here is a rookie question:

Will you need glasses for the new 3DTVs that are being launched this year? For Avatar 3D you did need them but I recall hearing about a Panasonic (I think) 3DTV a year ago or so but people weren't too impressed with the pic quality. I guess it was meant for B2B though...

Moreover, if you need glasses - will it work with my old Full-HD Flat-TV or do I have to buy a whole new system?

Yes, you'll need glasses. And there are two incompatible systems. The "shutter" system seems to be more successful in the marketplace than the "polarized" ones.

Yes, there is a system that does not require glasses. Really in development, and might one day make it to market. I would not place an investment in it.

No, they pretty much require new TVs. And you have to remember, not just any 3D TV. TV, disc and glasses all have to be the same tech- shutter, probably. And then there's the AV sound system.......

If you buy today, might as well spring for the extra bucks for HDMI 1.4 just for future proofing. Sorta. Almost maybe.....

I don't see home 3D TV, at least as currently appearing, being a success in the marketplace. A tiny niche in a world that wants to sell by the millions.

Yes, you'll need glasses. And there are two incompatible systems. The "shutter" system seems to be more successful in the marketplace than the "polarized" ones.

Yes, there is a system that does not require glasses. Really in development, and might one day make it to market. I would not place an investment in it.

No, they pretty much require new TVs. And you have to remember, not just any 3D TV. TV, disc and glasses all have to be the same tech- shutter, probably. And then there's the AV sound system.......

If you buy today, might as well spring for the extra bucks for HDMI 1.4 just for future proofing. Sorta. Almost maybe.....

I don't see home 3D TV, at least as currently appearing, being a success in the marketplace. A tiny niche in a world that wants to sell by the millions.

Thanks for the info - although a bit depressing...not really upto investing in a totally new system yet - probably have to wait a while...:mad:

There is at least one TV that was shown that doesn't require glasses and quote would be available in 2010 unquote. Personally I don't expect to see it and expect it to be very expensive when it does appear.

There is at least one TV that was shown that doesn't require glasses and quote would be available in 2010 unquote. Personally I don't expect to see it and expect it to be very expensive when it does appear.

...sounds a bit too early as they probably want to milk the "regular" 3DTV-market first!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts