Sony 400 BD Disk Changer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'd settle for a 5-disc for under $400 with 350 functionality. All the other DVD players I've owned were 5-discs, and I miss being able to combine what I'm currently listening to in my CD collection with an occaisional movie thrown in. I've got too many components in my set up now as a result.

400 discs represents 8k - 12k in BDs (assuming $20-$30 average price). The player is expensive but filling it is even more.

400 discs represents 8k - 12k in BDs (assuming $20-$30 average price). The player is expensive but filling it is even more.
Another way to look at it: If you can actually afford to fill that player, what's another "north of $2K" to also own it...?
ripnbigc said:
I have the 400 dvd sony, it's great as long as you don't have to move it.
Given it's loaded weight (great set-up for injury lawyers!) perhaps at the stated price it should also come with floorjacks and wheels...or at least a hernia belt...!

2G would actually be cheap for a ES changer. I have the 5000ES single disk player and that was nearly 2G (and worth it BTW, PQ is incredible - there IS a difference). I hope that that this changer is up to ES quality standards and may swap out my single disc player for the changer if it truly is ES quality.

2G would actually be cheap for a ES changer. I have the 5000ES single disk player and that was nearly 2G (and worth it BTW, PQ is incredible - there IS a difference). I hope that that this changer is up to ES quality standards and may swap out my single disc player for the changer if it truly is ES quality.
Perhaps only Monster cables could support it ! :)

A reply to the snarky monster cable comment...

There IS a difference between the Sony 5000ES and the 550 - even my dealer was skeptical about the quality difference. And I was of course reluctant to pay 2,000 dollars for a player. But before you laugh, go to your dealer and do a comparison. The 5000ES picture seems almost 3 dimensional vs. the picture on the 550 or other lower end models. So if you have a high end TV (my main TV is a Pioneer Elite PRO-FHD1) I would highly recommend Sony's 5000ES player for your blu-ray player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)