Star Trek Blu-ray Movies and TOS

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
The Indianapolis Star is reporting this...
'Star Trek' on Blu-ray?

Are you a fan of Star Trek? Do you speak Norwegian? If you answered "yes" to both questions, you're in luck.
A Norwegian Web site has said that Paramount intends to release a set of the first three 'Star Trek' movies on Blu-ray on May 13, along with the Blu-ray debut of the remastered/redone first season of The Original Series that was released on HD DVD.

Source & More: Indystar.com

Norwegian Source: Release.no

Last edited:
CBS & Paramount Announce First Star Trek Blu-ray sets - TOS S1 & All TOS movies coming April/May

by Anthony Pascale
Today CBS and Paramount made official what we have been reporting for months, for the first time ever, Star Trek is coming to Blu-ray in 2009. CBS announced a Blu-ray set for the first season of TOS and Paramount announced all the TOS era movies are coming to Blu-ray, all to be released this Spring.

Source & More: TrekMovie.com

But will people buy it? I love Star Trek but I'm happy with the DVD versions . I'm adding to my blu-ray collection but I'm doing it very slowly and only on newer movies or really low priced Blu-ray disc.

Star Trek Movie Collection

The new Star Trek I - VI movie collection is coming out on blu-ray today. Price is reasonable at $79-89 for 6 films. I am very tempted. Of course, Amazon is listing it as being 10 days out to arrive, but Best Buy seems to have them in stock (yet for $10 more).

There is also a collection of ST: II, III, and IV availble for about $40. I am not sure why anyone would do just those films. Yes, they tell a story, but any Trekker should want the whole thing, even if it includes the dreaded ST:V.

I just hope they come out with a ST:TNG film collection for the same $80 price tag. That would make me very happy.

I think a trip to Best Buy is in order today. :)

They must have had a huge preorder. Mine's set to arrive Wednesday or Thursday. This is one I've had on preorder since the day it was listed. Low price guarantee dropped to 69.99 at one point.

S~

I'm going to wait to see the review . If they didn't make major upgrades to the video I'm not getting it. I did get Season one of Star trek. The price dropped and it's well worth it .

My guess is that the PQ will be as good as 1080i HD on Dish, probably better, but with much better sound. This is not the first I had heard that.

I hope that they "get it right" when they eventually do the TNG movies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)