Star Trek Blu-ray Movies and TOS

Interesting, Walmart.com says the movie collection is only available online, but it is listed at $79, same as Amazon.

I never got to Best-Buy yesterday and am tempted to wait a few weeks and get them used on Amazon for less. Its not like I am dying to see these films in HD; indeed, I have most of them archived. I think I can wait ---- but then again, who knows, if I have it in my hands, all bets are off. :D

After reading the reviews online I'm going to pass on the movies. Season 1 on Blu ray is great but it looks like only Star Trek 2 on Blu ray is the only one worth it.

Interesting, Walmart.com says the movie collection is only available online, but it is listed at $79, same as Amazon.

I never got to Best-Buy yesterday and am tempted to wait a few weeks and get them used on Amazon for less. Its not like I am dying to see these films in HD; indeed, I have most of them archived. I think I can wait ---- but then again, who knows, if I have it in my hands, all bets are off. :D

I have II, III, IV, Generations, First Contact and Insurrection archived in HD. I need I, VI and Nemesis in HD and I'll be happy. I don't need "Feel Your Pain" V. I have it on standard DVD and that's good enough. :)

I have II, III, IV, Generations, First Contact and Insurrection archived in HD. I need I, VI and Nemesis in HD and I'll be happy. I don't need "Feel Your Pain" V. I have it on standard DVD and that's good enough. :)

I didn't even get V on standard DVD

Well pissed. Just got notice from Amazon it's been delayed until the end of the month. It's been on preorder since it was listed. Anyone get theirs from Amazon? If so, when did you order?

S~

I had the 6-set in my hands at Best Buy today, but held off; it was $90 plus tax, and I just wasn't certain I wanted to deal with the grief that my wife would give me about buying it (as I also intend to buy a netbook soon!).

As far as amazon, they have been saying 11-14 days for a few days, so that is the end of the Month.

Oh, and BB had 1 of the 6-set and 3 of the trilogy.

Yeah, but I've had on preorder since it was announced and listed in February. Target had none of the six pack and a couple of the trilogy. They said they didn't get the 6-pack in.

S~it

I had both sets in my hand. I am going to wait though, the picture quality has me concerned.

I gave up on the Motion Picture an hour in as I didn't have enough time to finish before work... It looked good though, I checked out some of the extras on the other disc's (all in HD that I saw) and the first 3 or 4 all have the same New Star Trek Trailer at the first (the one with the Vette going over the cliff...)

Well pissed. Just got notice from Amazon it's been delayed until the end of the month. It's been on preorder since it was listed. Anyone get theirs from Amazon? If so, when did you order?

S~

I got that notice too, but then it shipped yesterday with overnight delivery, should be here in a few hours. I had free 2 day delivery selected (Prime). So, I guess they got more in stock.

I got that notice too, but then it shipped yesterday with overnight delivery, should be here in a few hours. I had free 2 day delivery selected (Prime). So, I guess they got more in stock.

Nothing from them. Website now says In Stock May 16th. My order shows May 28th-June 2nd. I'm Prime w/ free 2 day. Been on preorder since Feb.

S~

Nothing from them. Website now says In Stock May 16th. My order shows May 28th-June 2nd. I'm Prime w/ free 2 day. Been on preorder since Feb.

S~

Knowing Amazon, you'll get it in a day or so. I'd be shocked with anything else. I have always been impressed with their customer service. Which of course, you could contact to ask them to rush. :)

If I was sure they'd be selling VI stand-alone, I'd just buy the "trilogy" and pick up VI separately. I could care less about I and V.

If I was sure they'd be selling VI stand-alone, I'd just buy the "trilogy" and pick up VI separately. I could care less about I and V.

I is kinda fun in parts (and just plain ol' laughable in others). V is just pathetically awful.

I'll just wait for the ones I'm missing to show up on Cinemax or wherever and archive them and have them all in HD on my EHDs.

Why? I'm not going to triple-dip on the discs. I bought the initial releases, then the special edition DVDs. I'm just not doing the BD releases...not unless they get really cheap...

I is kinda fun in parts (and just plain ol' laughable in others). V is just pathetically awful.

I'll just wait for the ones I'm missing to show up on Cinemax or wherever and archive them and have them all in HD on my EHDs.

Why? I'm not going to triple-dip on the discs. I bought the initial releases, then the special edition DVDs. I'm just not doing the BD releases...not unless they get really cheap...

Yeah, this would be triple-dipping for me on most of them. I had the VHS six-pack, then DVDs for several of them. I just hope the TNG films come out; those I will double-dip for. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts