Star Trek Blu-ray Movies and TOS

Yeah, this would be triple-dipping for me on most of them. I had the VHS six-pack, then DVDs for several of them. I just hope the TNG films come out; those I will double-dip for. :D

Oh, they'll come out on BD. If there's bucks to be made on the franchise, P*mount will do it...

The new discs are 7.1 Dolby True HD ;)

I don't yet have a new receiver or pre/pro, so DTS is the best I can do with my old Denon AVP-8000. ;)

Just got the TOS BDs (great deal from one of our members). The PQ is stellar, and the same with the sound. Itfun to watch; alas, still too "cheesy" for my kid's taste I am sure. Oh well, his lost.

I just wish that they were able to re-do it in 16x9, like so many other shows have been done (thinking of stuff like Hogan's Heroes - about the same vintage). I am sure there are reasons, but it would be nice. Still, the picture is really great, even in 4x3. :)

Enterprise is the only one of the TV series, to date, that was HD and 16x9. When originally shown most of the UPN stations did not broadcast it as HD. I have TOS, TNG, and DS9 on DVD. Since they were all originally SD, I less tempted to double dip for them. I have been recording and archiving Enterprise from HDNET, but might be tempted to get it on Blu-ray.

TNG was actually filmed so they could put them out in HD on Blu-ray if they want to.

TNG was actually filmed so they could put them out in HD on Blu-ray if they want to.

I just wish they would take the original film and make a 16x9 cut. But given that they didn't with TOS, hard to say what will happen.

My other hope is that if TNG comes out in BD, that they release a couple seasons at once; seaosn 1 is so corny, it just would be a bit under-whelming to watch Encounter at Farpoint in HD. :)

GrandpaJ can chime in here, but I think all the SFX were SD on video so they would have to redo all of them for TNG...

That's it. I was trying to remember why they hadn't done it yet and that was it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts