Sony 4K D Series

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I posted this in the 4K Television Discussion section of the forum, but thought I might get some more eyballs and recommendations here. I am thinking about upgrading to a 4K TV pretty soon, maybe within the next few weeks. I have been looking at the Sony XBR65X930D or the Samsung K9000 series. Was wondering if anyone on here had a 930D series and how they liked it. I won't have access to very much 4K content, as the fastest internet speed I can get from anyone (except LTE) is 4Mbps, so no streaming for me. I have read where Sony is supposed to do an excellent job at upscaling with their X1 chip, and since most of what I watch will still be Blu-Ray and HD, I was wanting a set with a good upscaler. Thought that someone here on the board might have a 930D or maybe a 930C from 2015 and could give me a first hand report. I have read good reviews about the D series. I'll appreciate any input.

I have last years XBR75X850C.....Its outstanding.....The big knock on both is the screen lottery!....Go over to AVS they have lots of people using all these sets.....
I am enjoying the apps alot.....MLB, and VidAngel to name just a few....and side loading works pretty good....

Thanks for the reports. I am thinking I will probably go with the 930D. I had a 46" KDLW3000 in 2007 that I really liked. Then I got rid of the entertainment centre that I had that restricted the size TV I could have, and put that one in a bedroom and got a 60" Samsung Plasma for my living room about 5 or 6 years ago, and I hadn't had another Sony in a long time, and wondered how they were now. Thanks again for the firsthand reviews.

I had the 930C and it was a very nice display. Tight view angles but a very nice image and clouding was not bad.

The screen lottery is the same with every model and every brand.

I went ahead and went with the XBR65X930D, ordered from Abt Electronics. Should be here toward the end of next week or first of the next. Thanks for all the input.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
I went ahead and went with the XBR65X930D, ordered from Abt Electronics. Should be here toward the end of next week or first of the next. Thanks for all the input.
Congrats....!
Hope you get a good screen on the first one!....enjoy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)