Sony BDP-S300 - My Opinion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I looked on the boards for a bit and saw no comments from anyone who purchased this player and thought I'd share my opinions. I posted in the HD-DVD forum a while back about problems I was having with my PS3 and black levels as well as quality and setup. Today when I hooked up the player it detected all of my settings immediately (HDMI video Optical audio (no hdmi port on receiver)) and loaded Ghost Rider pretty quickly in comparison to my HD-A1 and still a little faster than the ps3 did. The video on it was much sharper and the blacks and whites stood out a lot more than the ps3 (may be due to my tv being 720p/1080i?) and the sound at the same level (-15) was much louder and clearer. I realize that a lot of the gripe is that it does not have HDMI 1.3 but then again from what my tv manual says my Sony tv does not even support 1.3.

I also loaded up POTC:DMC since that was the other major gripe a lot of users had and it did load a little slow but still not as bad as some people said. I've waited longer for some SD discs to play on my old upconvert due to a scratch or because it was homemade. As for the remote it looks like the same remote as the PS3 blu-ray remote but at least it is infrared so I can use a universal with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)