Sony Commercial

Anyone notice that in addition to the very repetitive Sony ad, they have been showing HD commercials for different upcoming shows like LAX? I haven't noticed the commercials for upcoming shows being in HD before. I wonder if this is just for during the Olympics, or if they will start being like this from now on.

DarrellP said:
:D That was me until I bought my house last year. :D I moved to Oregon 4 1/2 years ago and rented until I could sell my home in Yakima and find something I liked here.

Hehe, it's me now!

After the divorce I'm in a little two bedroom house. Dads rent house ($0 rent).

60" LCD XBR GWII+matching stand, Polk RM7600, PSW650, Pan RP82, CP72, LG LST-3510A, Onkyo 700.

She's in a nicer house but I"VE got the system. :yes

And I'm looking for a better place to live than before but as has been said before a man has to have priorities. :D

The Sony commercial is not only repetitive but it is also a bad HD commercial. I wouldn't call it 1080i HD but 480p. When Tom/Todd (I think is Todd but it is hard to tell) goes out of the window and the cammera focuses the crowd, you really cannot distinguish their faces. Isn't this what HD was supposed to do. The blurry picture all over the commercial is quite annoying.

Sean Mota said:
The Sony commercial is not only repetitive but it is also a bad HD commercial. I wouldn't call it 1080i HD but 480p. When Tom/Todd (I think is Todd but it is hard to tell) goes out of the window and the cammera focuses the crowd, you really cannot distinguish their faces. Isn't this what HD was supposed to do. The blurry picture all over the commercial is quite annoying.
I was surprised that most of the local Cleveland commercials on NBC-HD (OTA) were done in HD, but Sony, the major sponsor of the HD feed, advertising HDTV, couldn't do its commercials in HD! Doesn't make any sense... :shocked

Looks SD to me. The only HD outside the main Olympic events is the flyby they do around Athens.

My mom works for an NBC affiliate and she said that NBC has really screwed up the Olympics this year (not that I need to tell you that), but the reason for the Sony commercials all of the time is because nobody was interested in advertising with NBC for the olympics so only the big names were taking the spots.

They will really need to make some major changes for the 2006 olympics otherwise they will flop badly. All I know is that I saw 36 straight hours of the opening ceremonies in HD, and it was really annoying to see it continuously on.

after this year, nbc may just decide to chuck the whole thing. or scale back to 1 sd channel. I mean, if they could only get ONE sponsor playing ONE commercial for the hd feed, (yeah I know, Nielsen can't count them,but still...), they must be hemorrahging serious money. omg, this is the OLYMPICS we're talking about, not some local high school game.

You know what I think NBC said:

"We will have the Olympics in HD who wants to sponsor them with HD commercials"

Sponsors: "WE don't have HD Commercials!"

Sony: "We have this one from 8 years ago done in 480p."

Sponsors: "We would love to buy commercial slots, but um, will you take our SD commercials?"

NBC: "Look we are going to be to lazy to be switching from SD to HD all week long."

Sponsors: "Hmm uh we won't help sponsor your HD feed then."

Sony: "Yes!!!!"

NBC: "Ok the next logical thing is we will delay the HD side of things so you can pimp your SD commercials on our SD channels, we'll come out with our announcers talking about how HD rules but really secretly support SD through the nose... muahahahhah!!"

Sponsors: "Muahahhahhaha!"

Sony: "Muahahhahah!!!!"

Mark Cuban: "Muahahhaha... ?"

WATCHING NBC COMMERICAL ......Who in the hell is Tom ? What about Bob ? You can't go wrong with Bob. By the way all those empty seats in Athens....guess they are the people outside Tom's apartment. LAMO I have a Sony tv 57" WS but this commerical is too much........Watching SD and HD a day later .....Nice but what a mix up .........It doesn't matter who your providor is (D*, E*, V*) just watch it OTA if you have a antenna ....are you confused yet...leave it to the big 3 to tell us how to watch tv. I left D* for V* because I had to watch the superbowl in Sd because I didn't live in the O&O areas and had no antenna then.....I don't know why we pay these high prices for HD when we can watch it for free OTA....Makes a lot a cents .....But back to the commerical.....What about Bob? LAMO :D