Sony Sat HD-200 and S-Video Output

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bill Harris

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
Does the Sony Sat HD-200 down-convert 1080i to 480i through the S-Video so I can record on S-VHS recorder in SD? All I want to do is record a High Definition program onto my vcr, not in HD but in SD. I am told the HD-300 does but I don't know if my HD-200 does it.

I just found the answer to my question here: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Cr2Oni...=158SATHD2H#Tab
It says that the HD-200 can be set to downconvert the signals so they can pass through the s-video..Only problem is I can't figure out how to set the receiver to do that. Please help if you can.

Bill Harris said:
Does the Sony Sat HD-200 down-convert 1080i to 480i through the S-Video so I can record on S-VHS recorder in SD? All I want to do is record a High Definition program onto my vcr, not in HD but in SD.

So why do you need to downconvert? Just tune in the channel, feed the S-Video output to your S-VCR and hit record. Done. :p

To Get The S-Video To Work You Need To Take Youe Sony HD-200 Remote, Flip It Open,
The Button On The Very Lower Left (By Pushing IT) Cycles You Through 1080i, 720p,
480p, The Next Position After 480p Says Somthing (I Dont Remember) Like 1/2 Video,
This Is The 480i Position & Your Composite & S-video Will Work.
You Can Have Either HD Or S-video On. Not Both At The Same Time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts