Sony Slams Microsoft TV Deals

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
Sony has issued a statement criticizing its rival Microsoft's TV and movies announcement, arguing that it cuts out Core system users, who will not be able to store the content, thereby splitting the user-base.
Microsoft's TV and movie downloads are available to owners of the higher-priced (and more popular) version of Xbox 360, but not to Core system owners who do not have a hard drive. A spokesperson for Sony offered, "PlayStation 3's content is designed for everyone to enjoy right out of the box, no matter which configuration you purchase. We would never segregate or shut out any of our consumers from our entertainment experience because they didn't buy the top of the line system. Both PlayStation 3 versions available on November 17 include hard drives for downloading content."

We'll have more on this from Microsoft later.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4154&Itemid=2

i think the only reason got a core was because the premium was not available. i would be willing to bet 90 percent of core owners have added a hard drive.

I swear $ony is grasping at straws...trying anything thing they can to make M$ look as bad as they do...its preaty funny.

Gee...I want to store date on my 360..I guess I can go by a hard drive.

Real tuff decision huh.

Sony just likes to stir up the press so they keep their name in the paper.

When the kids heard that I was going to get the 360 they said I needed to get Phansty Star Universe. Now I am afraid that I won't be able to use the download service cause they won't let me have a turn LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)