Taxi Driver
The Amazing Spider-Man
Angels and Demons
Glory
Total Recall
Battle: Los Angeles
The Karate Kid
The Other Guys

Now obviously to get the full advantage of 4K, you'll need a 4K TV and a 4K Blu-Ray Player. But, these movies can also be played on regular blu-ray players and TVs as well.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ords=Mastered+in+4k&rh=i:aps,k:Mastered+in+4k

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's mostly marketing. No true 4K Blu-ray format yet.

However, I do applaud Sony for its 4K commitment. The company seems to be all in on this 4K thing and is putting a lot of efforts in its marketing. I bet Sony execs were really disappointed when the "4K" name wasn't made official and was replaced by "Ultra HD". Sony decided to refer to it as "4K Ultra HD" for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone5 using SatelliteGuys

How about bitrate and audio specification? Is there any information?

35-38 Mbps (vs. the usual 24-30)
Also, x.v.Color support!

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

At CES eyeIO claimed its software suite was "studio grade" 4K ready and it will be put to the test soon, since Sony Pictures is licensing it to deliver movies to the FMP-X1 4K media player this summer. Sony didn't have any more details to reveal about its 4K delivery plans just yet, but eyeIO's press release claims its tech is being used on 4K video (3,840 x 2,160) encodes with support for extended color gamut. Besides easier downloading / streaming on bandwidth-constrained connections, it also helps out on the server side by requiring less storage space and distributing files more efficiently. Netflix is another recent licensee of the tech

Link

I wonder if we are getting close to the point where tech can support blu-ray quality downloads with lossless audio? Id love a little box that would just let me download a quality flick to watch when I want... Im pretty tired of mailers and purchases.

Title changed to reflect these were mastered in 4K but are 1080p Blu-ray discs. Robocop is also being released next week.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)