Sony Unveils PlayStation Web-Based TV Service - Vue

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sony Network Entertainment International and Sony Computer Entertainment today unveiled subscription service PlayStation Vue with the promise that it “reinvents the television experience.” Bypassing cable and satellite, customers will have access to live, on-demand and catch-up television content from such partners as CBS, Discovery Communications, Fox, NBCUniversal, Scripps Networks Interactive and Viacom. Speaking earlier this week, CBS’ Les Moonves teased details of the partnership saying, “Sony is going to do an offering that’s very interesting” with “more bells and whistles” and “more VOD content.” The public at large will see for itself when PlayStation Vue is launched commercially in early 2015.
In the meantime, select PlayStation3 and PlayStation4 owners will be given a Beta preview starting this month.

Source & More: deadline.com

Think I stick with Sling on my Roku. Initially Vue is offered on the Playstation and at my age I don't need a Playstation lol. The list of channels on Vue is good the price is about $10 too high for me. The thing I think I enjoy most about Sling is a growing core package and the add on packages. Sling is a little more like ala carte. Vue is more like a cable package with channels I don't want.

Even if the OTA channels aren't available, this could be attractive if it included enough of the channels on my punch list. And if it's available on my upstairs Sony Bravia as well as our PS4 in the Family Room.

But these three different OTT services don't have much overlap of channels, meaning you're going to be subscribing to multiple services on multiple devices to get everything you get via Satellite, Cable, or U-verse/FIOS.

There are only two channels in the access pack I'd watch that I won't be able to get with sling. Or ota. Couple that with greater flexibility for me in slings smaller packs. It's getting to be a competitive market for our video dollars. Plenty of options opening up

Add Netflix and Amazon and I'm still coming out lower than the access pack But vue will be a nice alternative for many

I wonder how many folks over the age of 40 own a Playstation to watch Vue? Until they get it on Roku and other devices I don't see a lot of people going out and buying a Playstation. Perhaps the target market is the under 30 crowd. Hey us older folks watch Tv too, we just need glasses and fall asleep while our show is on

Sony should've at least made their service compatible w/ Sony Smart TVs at launch for the non-gaming crowd.

The irony is when Sony launched the PS4, they claimed it was a pure gaming console as compared to the XB1

Reactions: Foxbat
I wonder how many folks over the age of 40 own a Playstation to watch Vue? Until they get it on Roku and other devices I don't see a lot of people going out and buying a Playstation. Perhaps the target market is the under 30 crowd. Hey us older folks watch Tv too, we just need glasses and fall asleep while our show is on
I'll be 37 in April, and I fall asleep now during shows and wear glasses...lol...and losing hair...lol

Reactions: Blindowl1234
The big elephant or gorilla in the room here? ONLY available in New York City,Chicago,AND Philadelphia. I could probably buy a PlayStation,& it doesn't have to be top of the line,just certified to receive PlayStation Vue,BUT........I'm not about to move to any of these city from where i currently live just so I can get PlayStation Vue. Also,if you try to get all of the cord cutting offerings,including MLB.TV,NHL Game Center,&/ot NBA League Pass,you might as well just stay with cable or Satellite TV,because all of the "savings" you supposedly will get cutting the cord will evaporate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)