Soo hard to dial a human ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people have such a hard time using automated phone systems.

I talk to customers all day long bitching that they want to speak to a live person at DISH.

If people would just be patient and follow the prompts, you can do most of the stuff with the automated system and it will correctly route you to the right department if necessary.

Just to get your currant ballance and to make a credit card payment is way easier using the phone than speaking to someone!

I don't know why people have such a hard time using automated phone systems.

I talk to customers all day long bitching that they want to speak to a live person at DISH.

If people would just be patient and follow the prompts, you can do most of the stuff with the automated system and it will correctly route you to the right department if necessary.

Just to get your currant ballance and to make a credit card payment is way easier using the phone than speaking to someone!

Yeah but at the same time, if you need real technical assistance or have an issue that you KNOW won't be in an automated setting, it's annoying to have to go through like 6 different prompts just to talk to someone. What I hate NOW is when they ask you to SAY what you want. Was the touch tone style THAT hard for people to understand? "Press 1 for A, Press 2 for B, Press 3 for C, etc?"

Yeah but at the same time, if you need real technical assistance or have an issue that you KNOW won't be in an automated setting, it's annoying to have to go through like 6 different prompts just to talk to someone. What I hate NOW is when they ask you to SAY what you want. Was the touch tone style THAT hard for people to understand? "Press 1 for A, Press 2 for B, Press 3 for C, etc?"

Because most handsets these days have the dial pad in the handset I think SAY is a better way to go. You can continue to hear what is going on and it speeds up the process.

For making a payment its fine but for everything else a human is prefferable. I hate having to spend time working through the automated tsr to actually get to a real person and the automated tsr has never solved a problem for me wether its cable, sat, telephone or any other service.

A few of these companies even started making the "press 0 for operator" function not even a possible. That used to be the quick out and direct connection to a live voice. I was on the phone with Home Depot's credit department yesterday and pressing zero didn't work. I was forced to go through slow prompts and try to navigate my way to speak to a live being by pressing millions! So aggravating....:mad:

What I really hate...going through the process of either punching in or saying a bunch of information into an IVR system, then being handed over to a live operator and having to repeat all the same information again.

What I really hate...going through the process of either punching in or saying a bunch of information into an IVR system, then being handed over to a live operator and having to repeat all the same information again.

Every single system I have encountered is like that so it came down to the point that I would put in the number for information to get through or I would block my phone number and get through alot faster.

I don't hate Automated menu systems so much as I hate poorly laid out AutoMenu systems. If you have to go more than 3 menus deep, then its a poorly designed system.

I hate the automated systems that you have to talk to. They only understand like 1/2 the time. Directv's seems to be well layed out, and I've never had a problem with Dish's system either, but for instance, I stumbled my way through Verizon's automated phone system for over 15 minutes before before being taken to where I ultimately wanted to go.

If the system is laid out right with a button you can press to go directly to a human, then I can live with it.

I hate the automated systems that you have to talk to. They only understand like 1/2 the time.

You want to try navigating them with an English accent ... nightmare ... ;)

Generally whenever i want to talk to someone .... i call sales ... always instant contact with a human .. and 80% of the time they can xfer your call ... the most annoying part for me though .... going through the time-sapping hell of entering account number/password etc .. then pressing to speak to agent - who promptly asks for all of that information AGAIN ...

:rolleyes:

edit - just took a look at that list - some good ones ... would appear that most of these companies dont want to talk to us ... "thank you for calling xyz co ... your call is important to us .. but sending us more money is even more important .. so please hang up now and send us more money"

I like :

D-Link Tech Support - Enter 83 at the prompt. Wait for the voice. Press ******** until the voice prompts you to wait for an agent. (Press * to make it 'listen', then press a lot of other numbers)

Fidelity NetBenefits - Press 1 ################# (# 17 times).

or

Virgin Mobile - At prompts say "English", "More Options", "Ask a Question", "Live Advisor", "Something Else", then enter mobile # or say "I don't have one."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)