Sorry for the dumb question(hope I know the answer already)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
As the title states, I have a feeling I know the answer, but wouldn't mind being proven wrong either. There is a rumor amongst Dish customers that DTV is going to have an actual channel for ESPN3. I know that ESPN3 is an IPTV streaming channel online, and that receivers may even have an app that can be used to stream on the receiver, but what I am hearing is that they actually will have a specific channel and number to broadcast this channel. This all came about with the signing of the new agreement between DTV and Disney, so I am skeptical to think it true, and someone misread something, but hell, you folks are going to be the best to ask. If you do have any links with info, that would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks fellas.

No concrete info, the press release from the Disney agreement said "ESPN3 on television". What that looks like nobody knows yet. Some smaller cable outfits have put local ESPN3 programming on a cable station, but it generally isn't a 24/7 type station. Some have speculated they could just be alternate feeds, some even guess they could integrate the ESPN3 via an app on the HD-DVRs. I think the first is more likely, they take the top content from ESPN3 and use alternate feeds to air them.

Reactions: ChadT41
As jcrandall said, the press release says it will be "on television". It could also be made available through streaming. We will have to wait and see.

Reactions: ChadT41
Thanks. That's what I was thinking. This was people saying they saw the press release about the actual espn3 channel on DTV, and nothing to back it up, so naturally, I was very skeptical. Seems it was warranted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)